Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Started the shut up and knit it vest


I am knitting an eccentric argyle. It may be a vest. If it goes well, and there is enough yarn, (As it appears there will be) I will add sleeves and it will be a sweater. I am knitting it side to side because the diamonds are longer that way. This is the worsted weight, on size 7 needles. I'm excited!
This is from Dave Daniel's hand dyed Cabin Cove Mercantile yarn. Most knitters are inclined to buy it, then keep it as a pet. It's sooo pretty in the skeins. It's so soft and yummy and pretty! But it deserves to be knited up into a garment or article of use and delight, hence the knit-along.
And this is the square beret I knitted out of multi-plied weaving yarn while I was cogitating a design for the vest. (maybe a sweater)
I have tried on this hat in several different orientations (over one eye, on the back of the head, with points horizontal or diagonally oriented) and it's cute as a basket full of hound dog puppies any way you wear it! I may make a few more of these. Mmmmm- what a shape for cables!
More ideas than time to knit them. Ain't life wonderful?!!

7 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    So many ideas, so little time: ain't it the truth.

     
  • At 1:19 PM , Blogger Cookie said...

    Woo!

    I cannot wait to see how this sweater knits up.

     
  • At 5:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those colors are all so perfect together. This is going to be a treat for me to see your work.

     
  • At 11:03 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    any chance of getting a pattern for the square beret? I'm thinking I'd try my hand at the cables.

     
  • At 8:07 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    The walking part of the LA Marathon is only 5K, so I'm good.

     
  • At 3:01 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    You sound like me - there's just too much to knit and not enough time!!!
    Started new socks last night - why I've got plenty of other stuff in my basket!!

     
  • At 10:00 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love that yarn... it looks touchable in the extreme!!! and the eyeballs--well, I think it's funny that folks would think they're real... And I think they're perfect...it still cracks me up! (Andyou know I need a really good laugh these days!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home