Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The farceeing hat is done!!



Saturday sky at sunrise.


The clouds rolled in and rolled in and by noon we were getting a tiny bit of much-needed rain. My daffodils are up about three inches, and you could almost hear them rejoicing in the moisture!






Candy is happy to supervise the knitting of the farceeing hat. As long as she gets the primo basket, she is happy to supervise anything!












Here is the hat without the earflaps and stalks. I've been having a lot of fun mixing and using bits and bobs of colors and making up my own designs as I go along.











And here - tah dahh - is the farceeing hat. Click on the photo to enlarge. The stalks are stiffened
with "Lock Line" flexible tubing that DH bought for me, and the eyes are boar's eyes that Tim got from a taxidermist. Far-seeing hat. Ain't it fun?!!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Is there any length to which you will not go to impress us? Probably not many people would pose in a hat like that for the entire world to see. Real boar's eyes, you say? Did the boar quibble about lending them for the hat? You should be wearing that hat at the Superbowl today. Thanks for the good laugh!

     
  • At 3:13 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Gross, the boar's eyes are absolutely gross Roxie!!!!! (but you know what a whimp I am).

    The knitted hat is great, but those eyes!

     
  • At 3:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OH.MY.GAWD!
    That is a fantastic hat. And you've probably got the eyes to really see for you, too. It's such a cool hat!

     
  • At 4:39 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    Recognise this? "Do you like my hat? I like it! I like your/that party hat!"

    We've been reading "Go Dog! Go!" by Dr Seuss for nigh on 40 years now.

    Those dogs would be delighted by your hat, as I am! Where do you plan to wear it?
    Cheers

     
  • At 4:55 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Only you would put real boar's eyes in a hat. I am in slightly squeamish awe.

     
  • At 8:12 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    Yikes, now that's a hat. I wish I had the guts to wear something like that outdoors. I'm too embarassed to wear regular old hats, so forget about that one! It's great though!

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That is the most awesome hat!!!! I would wear that to school in a heartbeat... and my students would love it too!!! (hey--I got in...it's the first time in weeks I've been able to comment on your blog from work!)

     
  • At 7:06 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    I LOVE this hat. My gleeful laughter prompted my smart ass husband to look over my shoulder to see what was so amusing. His response, "It looks like a slug." And is there anything wrong with slugs I ask you? Very cute.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home