Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, January 05, 2007

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me

Twelve drummers drumming of course. We went to see the Blue Man Group. (If you haven't ever heard of them, you should google them now!)
eleven types of piping
ten lizards leaping
nice laddies dancing
a maid a-milking
seven wanton women (I was all of them!)
six geezers lying
five old things
four falling birds
three wrench sets
two purple gloves
and a cartridge in a bare tree.


I'm going to need some remedial blog-training. Norma (nownormaknits2.typepad.com/now_norma_knits_2/ found a photo-sharing idea for 2007 and heartily recommended that we steal the button so we can play too. I don't know how to steal a button, but I can run with a swell idea when I see one. The idea is, one day a month, we all post a photo or several on our blogs that tells what we feel the month is all about, and then write about what the photo says.





Janus, the God of doorways, facing forward and backwards, gives his name to January, a month for reflections. We are all assessing what we accomplished last year, and making plans for the future. We are considering who we are, and where we are going (and why am I in this handbasket, anyhow?)We make lists of what we finished, what we intend to finish, what we intend to start, and what we intend to stop. We need to remember that reflections are images, not reality, and they depend a great deal on where we stand. If you don't like your reflections, get a different perspective. Someone standing on the other side of the room may see something a lot nicer. Look at yourself and your life in the mirror of a friend's eyes once in a while. You are likely to be pleasantly surprised.



The full moon hangs in the apple tree's branches this morning.
Oh Nocturne, how can I capture this fleeting sight?
The dark-adapted eye holds more than a camera.

On the knitting front, yep, I did the white harlequin sweater without a pattern, but it seems pretentious to say, "I designed it." That implies a certain ammount of planning and forethought, and I just made it up as I went along. I knit two mitered squares, then I picked up along their top edges and knit another one. And so it goes. Then I crocheted a few rows of double crochet along the front,around the neck, and down the other side. And you can do it, too. Really you can. Most of the yarn is worsted weight, and I knit back and forth on 24' size 8 circs.

Next major project will be a bunch of sweaters from handspun to send to the orphanage that NW Medical Team sponsors in Roumania. Photos as appropriate.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Nature makes everything up as She goes along. Why should you be different?

     
  • At 11:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Gods, what lovely photos... the commentary is sauce for the goose:-) (And everything knows everything looks better to a sauced goose!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home