Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, December 29, 2006

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me

...five old things, four falling birds, three wrench sets, two purple gloves, and some rose-hip, bright as can be!


1. If you are talking math problems and you mention a slide rule and he wonders why you have switched the topic to baseball, you are too old for him.

2. If she thinks a sanitary belt is a drink out of a clean glass, you are too old for her.

3. If he is surprised to find that Paul McCartney was in a group before Wings, you are too old for him.

4.If she can't remember where she was when America made that, "One small step for man, one great step for Mankind," you are too old for her.

5.If he has never dialed a rotary phone, you are too old for him.

Do you remember, "Where's the beef?" Did you ever watch "Sky King?" Do you miss Beeman's Gum?

Do you think it's possible to do a re-make of "A night at the Opera." or, "A day at the races?"

How did we survive without Tupperware and its copies?

In 2007, I plan to send Miz G. one pair of socks a month, and I plan to take a photo of the back yard on the first of every month. And I wanna lose weight, finish my Western Romance, publish book two in the Sanna Series, maybe start writing book four, re-knit my pink silk blouse, and use up more of my stash. Oh, and I hope to sew three pieced and tied quilts, too.

How about you?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    That's an ambitious list you have there, grrlfriend. I never watched Sky King as my parents believed TV was an invention of the devil (they may have had something there), nor did I chew Beeman's, but I got all the rest of them. (For some inventions let us be eternally thankful. 'Nuff said.)

    As for me... finish one more red scarf, spin enough yarn to make something wearable, dye said yarn with some notion what color it will be when I'm done, make five items for Dulaan as I promised, and the rest I'll make up as I go.

     
  • At 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hm... finish Bittermoon, lose SCADS of weight, decrease rather than increase my stash, laugh with my children every day, be a better teacher or get paid for publishing so I can get out of the business, decide on a color and dye my hair dammit, and finish that damned cardigan for Arwyn before she outgrows it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home