Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, January 01, 2007

on the 8th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me

Since I don't know how to put old photographs onto the blog, you will just have to use your imagination for this one. I had friends who lived on a commune, with cows and sheep and goats. I took my punning sense of humor, dressed up in my french maid's costumer with the short skirt and the high heels and the fishnet hose, and the feather duster, and became, "a maid a-milking." The cow had evidently dealt with ignorant people before because she had already been milked once that day, and there wasn't much to draw, but she just gave me a look of incredibly patient bovine tolerance, and allowed me to pose for the photos. The goats were far more sportive, nibbling the fluffy ruffles on my apron, and trying to eat the feather duster while I tried to wrestle a nanny into milking stance. (Facing the tail, shoulders of goat trapped between knees of milker, goat rear feet spread to prevent kicking, milker bent over and grasping udder from straddle position. Very naughty pose in a mini-skirt!)When it came to the sheep, who had never been milked, things degenerated into a road show of "Dances with Livestock." I tore my hose and lost shoes in the sheep shit more times than I can remember. The photos - well - some were not suitable for a family blog, but DH enjoyed all the pictures of his maid a-milking.



Today's photos are of the backyard and the apple tree on January the first, 2007. There, that's one in a row!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love Oregon--so pretty...your neighborhood looks very very sweet.

     
  • At 6:02 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    And where's the snow? At least your yard is greener than mine. I have to keep watering the little trees and things to keep them from drying out and croaking on me. Of course, the stuff I wish would stop growing just keeps charging along. I'll be looking forward to your continuing expose of that Christmas classic song.

     
  • At 8:17 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Apple trees are nature's way of reminding us that gnarled is beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home