Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, January 04, 2007

on the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me

eleven types of piping (brass, copper, lead, PVC, glass, tobacco, Scottish, electrical, plumbing, gutter, and that trim you put along the seams of military uniforms.)
10 leaping lizards
nice laddies dancing
a maid a-milking
seven wanton women
six geezers lying
five old things
four falling birds
three wrench sets
two purple gloves
and a flock of wild turkeys strutting in the winter sunshine.

Meanwhile, knitting content




I never got a photo of the white harlequin sweater when I finished it, so here you see front, sleeve detail, and back. I used miscellaneous odds and bobs of white yarn in mitered squares.

I don't know what it is, but I can't resist an orphaned ball of something white and special. Some of these are double or even triple ply. Some of them are left-overs from earlier projects, some rescued at estate sales, or discovered in the bottom of an odd-dye-lot basket at a yarn store. The resulting sweater wears wonderfully and it feels warm and grateful. It's already asking for a sister. I have quite a stash of pink yarn.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Wow, that's gorgeous! Did you sew the squares together after they were all done or pick up each one (after the first one) from the edge of its neighbor?

     
  • At 6:25 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Roxie - it's beautiful - very creative and looks so great! You go!

     
  • At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like the sweater?cardi - did you design it yourself?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home