Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

on the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me

...two purple gloves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Actually, what he gave me was a movie date. We went to a matinee of "Night at the Museum" and ate buttered popcorn and drank coke and laughed and laughed. It's a sweet, funny movie with lots of slapstick for the kiddies and enough wit to keep the grownups amused. Wonderful special effects! How do they get a skeleton to show so much emotion?

So I took knit-in-the-dark work. The very last bit of Dave's wonderful confetti-colored yarn made a splendid cuff on a stocking hat. Named, of course, "Confettis in the night." (exchanging glances, wondering in the night, what were the chances, we'd be sharing love, before the night was throooo..)



Today we take Blackjack back to the vet to see how his leg is doing with just the splint. He is getting around more, and sleeping in one of the desk-top baskets right now. Angela, I can't find a direct link to you, but thanks so much for your input on his condition. It's SO helpful to hear from someone with eperience in the field!

Hey, before you get them put away, folks, why don't those of us who do creches (manger scenes) share pictures? Here's ours.


As you can see, I am ecclectic with my animals. There's a black and white plastic cow that poops jelly beans. There are two porcelain kitty ornaments DH gave me the first Christmas we were going together. And then there's Gordo. He is playing the part of the hairy angel. You know - "Hark the hairy angels sing!"

The creche is about thirty years old, carved of olive wood in Deepest Poverty Mideast and sold through the Mennonite Church to provide craftsmen opportunities to earn some money. I had a cat that used to sneak into it and mug the baby Jesus. Left all the other pieces alone, but would carry the baby away and gently gnaw and droool all over it. The glue holding the stable together has given up over the years. It used to have three sides and a roof. Well, old barns DO fall down in time.

Best wishes for the tag end of the year!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Well, it certainly is a creche with character!

     
  • At 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "You mean there was more than one lobster present at the birth of baby Jesus?"
    "Duh!"

    That's an awesome creche...(great word, btw--I will try to hammer it in to the over-packed gray matter...) And I love it when a favorite yarn gets used to the last plush ribbon--well done.

    Christmas cards go out tomorrow--I know you're probably the last person to remind me that Christmas was Monday--that's okay, I figure we're in the same week!

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for Blackjack!

     
  • At 6:40 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I haven't been able to get to the computer for longer than a quick email check, and I'm sorry to hear about Blackjack's troubles, and glad he seems to be doing OK so far. Ed, snoozing on the sofa, sends his best wishes, as do I.

    Eclectic is definitely the word for that creche, and for the woman who created it. Happy New Year!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home