Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas one and all!



It's not much, but one of the compensations for being injured is that you get to eat in bed. And you get carried to the litterbox and back. And you get lots and lots of hugs and strokes and cuddles. And good drugs (That's the white patch on his side. A three-day time-release painkiller patch.) And you get lots of good wishes from the nicest people in the world. Thank you!!

I definitely have to get out my thank-you cards. This has been a bountiful Christmas and people deserve proper acknowledgement! Janette in Australia sent me a goodie box with beautiful cups and matching tea-towels and pot-holders. And a can that said "Green Tea" on the side in big letters. I was too wound up with ripping paper and squealing with glee to read the small print. Imagine my surprise this morning when I opened it and found bath fizzies! Green tea bath fizzies are just too cool for school! DH showered me with LUSH bubblebaths, and Paul of the Blithering Knitiot sent me hand-made soap. Guess the word is out that I'm a dirty girl. (snicker!)

Janette, who is also a knitter, also sent me yarn that is soft and sophisticated and purple hued and is already scratching at the screendoor of my creative instincts, demanding to be put in the front of the line. The color makes me think of purple grapes hanging on the vines,sweet and dusty in the summer sun. A scarf, I think. Maybe with some bronze and copper beads . . .

DH also gave me a collection of the third season of Northern Exposure! Wah Hoo!! Major knit time there!

And, so I can be fully prepared to knit, a dear friend has given me a ginormous, beautifully cheery tote bag. I am SOOOO goona rule the knit scene this year!

I'm currently working on a pair of stockings for DH's cousin. Her parents are having their 50th wedding anniversary this year. DH was their ring-bearer. Cousin is putting together a celebration involving reunion of surviving members of the wedding, but is still vague about specific dates, times and locations. So I will send her one sock, and tell her she gets the other when we get the details. This is known variously as motivation or extortion. Oh, Maybe, if she dawdles, I could send a picture of the sock tied to a chair. Who do I know that might be persuaded to dress up as a giant moth? What else could I use to threaten a sock?

Sorry, breakfast was two rum-balls, a handfull of vitamins, a spoonful of yogurt with the Prilosec, and two cups of strong black tea(In the new cup). I may not be totally on kilter.

Fleece Navidad to all!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    It's so good to see BlackJack eating! Best wishes for a speedy recovery to this dear little kitty xxx

     
  • At 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Fleece Navidad to you too, darling...enjoy your knitting time w/Blackjack and one of the quirkiest series of all times...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home