Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, June 28, 2013

More knitting photos

Hats are so easy.  I use a 16 inch circular, cast on 80 stitches or so and just knit till the tube is at least  6 inches long.  I can read while doing this.  I can do it with my eyes closed.  I can do ribbing or stockinette.  I can gaze out the window and savor the scenery.  And hats are so useful.  They can fit anyone, and they keep people warm!

Also, hats are useful for using up those little scraps of yarn.

When I have between six and ten inches of hat, I divide my stitches by 4, place markers, and knit two together every time I slip a marker.  When it's too small to slide easily around the 16 inch needle, then I switch to double points.  This is trickier to do in the dark, but doesn't' impair scenery watching in the least.  And within a few hours, I have another hat for the Medical Teams basket, a bit more space in my stash,  and a bit more peace in my soul.  Knitting is so meditative.


The puppets take a lot more visual attention, but are excellent freeway work.  Again, they use up odds and bobs, and it's such fun to see the personality emerge as I work them.

You will, of course, notice that these are one of a kind objects. I have SSS, (Severe Second Sock/Sleeve Syndrome.)  Doing something exactly like something else is a trial for me.  I'm very fond of vests for this reason.  No sleeves.
We spent most of yesterday getting ready for a two night stay with the kitties.  And we gave them flea baths.  Kyle is strong, kind and efficient.  He held 'em, and I scrubbed 'em.  Fly and Pepper sang the song of their people while we wetted them down, but when it appeared that they would survive, they desisted.  Ben gave us only one verse, but it was magnificent.  I had no idea the timid little guy had such a loud voice.  Fleas are much easier to find on a light-colored cat.

I towel-dried them, and they have already forgiven us. They are soft and fluffy and now, they are all wearing flea collars.  My wrists and ankles are itching madly.  The little pests left the kitties, and attacked me.


I have lost my cell-phone, which I had turned to silent, but in searching for it, I found my camera.  It's an ill wind that blows no good.  And perhaps, once I empty all my pockets, dump my purse, clear the laundry off the table and clean every horizontal surface in the house, the phone will turn up.  I can always hope.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Check under all the cushions and down the sides of the furniture...

     
  • At 8:19 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I leave vibrate on so if I turn off every noise in the house and if the neighbors are not mowing the lawn I can hear it vibrate. If I haven't put it in the laundry.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home