Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, June 10, 2013

Hellooo?

I have not been sick or dead or anything like that.  I have just had my brain in neutral.  Things have been going on just fine, but I haven't gotten around to blogging about them.  So, here's catch up!

 I have, of course, been knitting.  Here's a fishing hat for Igor.  I have to get photos of the puppets as well.  And there have been hats for MedTeam Intl.  The knitting goes on just fine with the brain in neutral.

 Saturday was Ladies' Tea and Knitting.  I made a coconut cake where you pour cream of coconut over the hot cake, then frost it with coconut pudding.  I made little pineapple upside down cakes for anyone who couldn't eat coconut.

My Pink Peace roses are blooming, so I used the peach-colored tablecloth that matches, and used them for cake decoration.




It makes rather a pretty table.  The bright thing in the foreground is a crazy-quilt tea-cozy.
 I also made orange biscotti, and Earl Grey tea biscuits, and I served Hood strawberries.  The cake disappeared.  There were cookies left.  (Napkins tucked into the ice-tea glasses.)

It was, as always with these girls, great fellowship, wonderful conversation, and lots of laughs.  We practiced working "behoove" into the conversation.

I found some neat little green mini lasers that are waterproof.  There's a picture of me on Facebook with one shining through my teeth.  Green grin ;-)

6 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Another beautiful tea table. I particularly like the roses on the cake. A perfect summer setting!

     
  • At 9:20 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Glad to know all is well.

     
  • At 4:24 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Lovely table and the orange biscottis sound wonderful. Actually, all of it sounds wonder. It would behoove me to come out and visit some time. :)

     
  • At 4:37 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Behoove is one of my favorite words. It throws people off for a moment. the table looks really pretty with the peachy colors.

    In my opinion, a quiet life with nothing going on is not to be sneered at. I love it when things just move on. Like lazily drifting in a still lake. Not to be underestimated, that.

     
  • At 9:04 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I think sometimes, when we're crazy busy with one creative thing, the other creative thing can take a snooze. So you've been busy with crafting but your words took a snooze. You ALWAYS set the loveliest table, darling. I look at your pictures and dream of grace :-)

     
  • At 10:58 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I had planned to be there, but just before I received a phone call from Christina that 2 yr old Bella had fallen and hit her head and was going to the ER. They wanted me to go to their house to babysit almost 5 yr old Brogan so hubby could go to the hospital. They did not want Brogan to be traumatized by the hospital and Bella's crying. So Nana Rose to the rescue. Thank God Bella checked out okay and was released within a few hours.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home