Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, June 15, 2013

I get a chance to rap


MJ and RW bought half a pig and got Camas (yes, that's really her name) to come out to their house and teach them how to cut it up.  Kyle has dressed out and cut up deer and one old cow, So his strength and expertise was requested. And I always like to be involved, so we had a big, busy day.  I got lots of photos, but then realized I probably should edit out most of them.  I mean, as interesting as I found it, you probably don't want to see how we took off the pig face, or how RW smacked the cleaver with the hammer to get through the joint, or how MJ powered through the spine with the meat saw. (That girl has MUSCLES!)  But some of the photos are less exciting.  This is Camas and RW sectioning out the chops.

It takes a lot of forearm and wrist strength to cut up meat.  Camas probably arm-wrestles bikers for funsies.
And here is Tim skinning the shoulder before cutting it up for stew meat.





 I did the wrapping.  "My name is Roxie and I rap real good.  I'm the best damn rapper in the whole damn hood. I wrap up venison, pork and elk.  I've been wrappin' up meat since I quit drinkin' milk.  Boom chucka-chucka-chucka- grunt, whoof, grunt"

With all of us working on this, it took us about three hours of steady labor.  We took some of the meat to the butcher to be smoked (ham, bacon, hocks) or ground for sausage, and most of the rest went into the freezer, except for a tenderloin and a skirt steak that got marinated and grilled for lunch.  Deelicious!

Tomorrow, Dh and I are planning a nice walk.  Hope the rest of you find an equally pleasant way to enjoy Father's Day.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    LOL You are quite the rapper!

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Wow. Thanks for editing. You have adventures my friend!

     
  • At 5:02 AM , Blogger Indigo Roth said...

    Hey Roxie! Indigo here, a return visit! Good grief, I've never cut up an animal from scratch; mine lurk in dangerous feral packs at the supermarket. Nice photos, too! Indigo

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Sounds like a fun afternoon. I've spent time wrapping up venison.

     
  • At 5:40 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    When I was a kid, my uncle (who was a butcher) used to bring a half a cow to the house and cut it on a table in the basement specially made for him. I remember the fresh smell of the meat and all the packages in the freezer.

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are an amazing rapper... eh wrapper.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home