Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

First run in the RV

This is our new mobile home.  It still scares me a bit, but we took an overnight run and had a grand time.  I adore the huge front window, and the fact that I can throw my  feet up on the dashboard in total comfort as we cruise along.  There is a real bed and a flush toilet, a stove, refrigerator and microwave, all the hot water you need, and nothing runs across you in the middle of the night.  We drove down I-5, enjoying the views of the lush  Willamette valley, then crossed the coast range (taking a narrow, narrow, twisty road at one point.  Good thing Kyle is such a wonderful driver!) and checked into a KOA campground on US 101.  There was water, electricity, a place to dump our sewage, and a TV hook-up if we needed it. (We didn't) The next day we drove up the beautiful Oregon coast.  It was a grand trip - not having to find a place to stay, not having to drag suitcases in and out of a hotel room, eating our own food in our own cozy little space, sleeping with our own pillows, and drinking our own tea and coffee as we went.  We remembered the wine and wine glasses, but forgot the corkscrew.  Next trip, we'll do better.  And next trip, we'll take the kitties.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Sweet RV! It looks a lot like my Dad's so I know how comfortable it is for you. You are going to have so much fun with it!

     
  • At 8:38 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Woo hoo! How exciting! I'm so happy for you! Rv'ing is so much fun. So happy to read that you've caught the bug! Your first time out sounds wonderful! Wishing you many happy times with hubby and the kitties in your new motor home! :-D

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Can't wait to follow your journeys. My husband is not a road trip kind of person so an RV is not in our future. I'll have to enjoy your escapades :-)

     
  • At 1:31 PM , Blogger Indigo Roth said...

    Damn Roxie, that looks amazing. Colour me envious! Indigo x

     
  • At 7:32 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Holy cow - your mobile home is enormous! Oh the kitties are going to love it. I know you and Kyle will love travelling around. Enjoy.

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    My sister and her husband have been living and traveling in their RV for years! They love it.
    Her blog is
    http://betzrvtravels.blogspot.com/
    and she will impart any wisdom she has learned over the years. She has great suggestions for the types of cookware (crock pot a must) to have--what works!
    Her name is Treasa.

     
  • At 4:49 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That is a part of my retirement dream. To just be able to pick up and go but to take all the comforts of my home with me. It's perfect!

     
  • At 6:01 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Sounds like you've found your love!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home