Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Another good sport

Here's Igor in his new fishing hat.  He's SUCH a good sport!  His birthday is the day before mine and 20 years later. No wonder I love him.  Us Pisces need to swim together.

Basically Benita has a meme going - photos for one letter of the alphabet each week.  So this is my A for Adorable Igor.
I got this photo on board the ship one day.  It sort of illustrates the way I have been lately.  Not so much anti-social as chrysalidic. Mentally pupating. Digesting that feast of sensory and intellectual stimulation.  Fear not.  I am nowhere near done with my gestational process.  I crack out of this cocoon to reveal -- a bigger caterpillar.

So I will use this photo to illustrate B- Bigger and Better Bugs!


OK, Confession time.  DH and I just bought an RV.  I feel so embarrassed!  It's so - middle-aged of us.  My inner committee is mostly thrilled with the idea of getting to goforaride  and travel with the bed and the cats and the comforts of home but the Scotch Bitch is in a total swivet about spending that much money.  It's not THAT much.  It's a 30 ft. long 1997 rig, so the price is good.  It's well taken care of.  And DH has gone back to work - did I tell you that?  One of his co-workers needed knee surgery but the shop was so short-handed that he couldn't get the time off, so DH agreed to fill in during surgery and recuperation time.  (DH can do all the jobs in the shop.)  He signed a 90 day contract.  He collects retirement AND regular pay, and we have our medical coverage back for a few months.  He could probably work as long as he wanted at the shop, but he doesn't want to work full time permanent.  He wants to see the USA in his new Chevrolet with his darling wife.

SO, the brakes are being replaced, and we are getting a solar panel to keep the battery charged, and by this time next week, I should have a picture of the new rig.  But I'm still kind of embarrassed.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    RRRRRR V Cindy and I went to the beach and couldn't take the cats. :(
    An RRRRR V would take care of that problem.

     
  • At 4:09 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Congrats on the RV! They're so great to travel in...and to take the cat. We use ours a lot and love it so much. It's so much better than staying in a hotel because you get to sleep in your own bed with your own blankets and sheets. You don't have to go out to eat for every meal or any at all. And, all your stuff is right there. No lugging suitcases around. Oh...and you get kitty snuggles while you're away and you don't have to board the pets. I could go on and on. It's great! Can't wait to see posts about your travels. :-)

     
  • At 5:10 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    That is AWESOME. Pictures of Bucky on a ship is good, but the pictures and STORIES Bucky will tell from a RV?

    I can't wait.

     
  • At 5:11 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We always thought it would be such a good idea to get an RV. We have neighbors that have one and they travel everywhere in it. How fun to go places and take your favorite things with you.

     
  • At 7:01 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    It's funny that Scott and I have had RV fever, too.

    I love the Bigger Bug photo. Did that person sleep there all night or was it really that cold at that time?

     
  • At 11:03 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    My sister and her hubby have been traveling and living in a motor home for 6 years now and they love it. They winter in California.
    Treasa says she has friends who travel with their pets and it works well. Cats are put in carriers when stopped so no worries of escapes out the door and into the wilds. She has some friends who use harnesses and leashes for their cats to take them out.

     
  • At 8:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Why would you be embarrassed? You are a silly, dear thing. Now you can be mobile should a zombie apocalypse happen. No hotels with bedbugs or bedspreads that glow in black light. Knitting shoved in every spare nook and cranny as you roll down the road eating food from your very own refrigerator... sounds perfect. I hope that you travel lots, take Bucky, shoot lots of pictures to share and enjoy the hell out of that rv. If you ever want a place to stay on the Washington coast my parents have a little field next to their house (about 2 minutes from the beach). There is water, electricity and a fire pit, complete with windbreak. It's free and you never know who might pull in next to you and camp for the night (lots of out of town friends and relatives visit them during the summer). Cheers!

     
  • At 7:53 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    A motorhome is The Professor's dream. If he had his way, we'd sell everything and move into a motorhome and travel the world. (or at least North America)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home