Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Knitting has happened in the meantime

The Flock and Fiber Fest is coming in September, and I'm knitting hard and fast to clear some stash.  The scarf here is some handspun that I space-dyed and plied.  I don't keep records (yeah, I' should.  But there's only so much time in life, and I can create, or keep records.)  The yarn is awesome soft, and it made a wunnerful stole or scarf.  Used up every little bit.

Then I made some puppets.  There are more puppets to photograph. And hats. The road trips will be great for simple, don't-have-to-watch-it stuff.  I love kicking back with my feet up on the dashboard and my knitting in hand,  savoring the scenery and taking it all in.  Without the knitting, I wind up tearing off my fingernails and worrying the cuticles till they bleed.  MUST keep the fingers busy!

On the writing front, well, I deleted my entire new manuscript by accident.  The  Apple geniuses tried to recover it, but it's gone for good.  So I am going to re-write that sucker.  Wish me persistence.   With a project like this ahead of me, I suddenly get all motivated to do housework.

There's a lot of housework to do.  Our cats have fleas.  We tried a kinder, gentler medicine, which didn't work, but we still have to wait another two weeks before we use the Advantix or we could make the cats sick.  So they are plucking fur and shedding flea dirt and I can't keep up with it.  Oh, and the cheap medicine had a sesame oil base, which made them all too loose and spot cleaning is ok, but I really ought to sanitize the entire floor.

We are planning a trip in the motor home to the north coast of Oregon this weekend.  Betcha I can get some pictures of rain for you.  We will be camping near where Lewis and Clark camped for a winter.  The rain nearly drove them mad.  At any time of the year, you can count on the Oregon coast being 40 degrees and rainy.  Thank GOD we do not have to set up a tent and try to do all our cooking over a campfire.  In my younger days, I used to say that I wouldn't have sex outdoors because it might lead to camping.  I am not a happy camper.

With the RV, we have our own flush toilet, hot running water, a real bed, central heating, and four walls and a roof that doesn't have to be assembled.  We even have a microwave.  This time I am going to bring a corkscrew so we can get into the wine.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Those puppets are ADORABLE! Looks like you're getting a LOT of knitting done! So sorry to hear about the loss of your manuscript. Ugh! How frustrating that must be! Good luck and happy writing. I hope it all comes back to you and flows out through your fingers and into the computer very well and quickly. Enjoy your weekend trip! :-)

     
  • At 10:31 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I feel sick to my stomach about you losing your manuscript! That is awful!!!!! All that hard work, too.

    Poor kitties. Fleas are nasty little buggers.

     
  • At 11:41 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Sorry to read you have lost the book. I can't even imagine all that work gone.
    Did you call the NSA, CIA, or FBI? One of them should have a copy. Beautiful knitting.

     
  • At 1:58 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh that is awful about the manuscript. (The Prof says rule #1 is BACK UP your data. Do you have an automatic hard drive back up? We do it that way because I'm freaked out about losing my photos.)
    I totally get the crazies if I don't have knitting in the car--especially on long road trips.

     
  • At 4:50 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I was wondering if there was another book in there somewhere.

    I think we could give you a run for your money in the rain dept this past week +. It has rained (and rained hard!) every day for the past 9 days and it's forcast to keep going right up through next weekend. I haven't felt really dry in days and days.

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Roxie, a friend in the computer tech biz says there might ways beyond what the folks at Apple offered, but expensive and not guaranteed. Shall I inquire further?

     
  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I told my sister about your motorhome and she offered a few tidbits of advice: What I found useful was to duplicate a lot of the things I had in the house. I had dinnerware, cookware and utensils that I bought cheap or picked up at the dollar store that I kept in the rig. Now I have the good stuff that was in the house in the rig. I kept a crockpot and blender in the rig. I also kept some food that was canned or boxed but we used our rig every month. You have to be good about rotating those items. I kept some clothes in the rig at all times as well as towels and stuff like that.
    Before we would go out for a trip I kept a list of things that I thought I would need. As I thought of my menu I would add all the necessary ingredients to the list so that I would remember to take everything. That included spices, condiments, etc.

    She also said to feel free to ask any questions. She also says the Good Sam club is a must to join!

     
  • At 1:29 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    How much do you charge for puppets. I would love to get one for almost 5 yr old Brogan (birthday in August) and one for just turned 2 year old Bella, his sister.
    Email me!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home