Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, May 20, 2013

I have been so wrong

It's surprising how some of the decision one makes in youth turn out to be so wrong-headed.  For example, I used to believe the wearing socks to bed was one of the least attractive things a woman could do. It was right up there with the cigarette seccotined onto the lower lip.  Frumpy, dowdy, ugly were the words the applied to women who wore socks to bed.  I would never, never do such a dismal thing.

Unless, of course, I was sick and couldn't get my feet warm, but you know, when you're young, you'll never be sick and cold-footed.  Or old.  Or wrong.

Now I realized that bed-socks are winsome, charming, fetching accessories, and I have been a fool to deny myself the pleasure of them all these years.  I have silky bed-socks, fuzzy bed socks, bed-socks to match my nighties. (I used to sleep nude, too, but found it was cheaper to turn down the heat and put on a nightgown.) Wearing socks to bed has a certain kinky allure, and best of all, it makes me feel good.  What an idiot I have been!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    My distaste for socks in bed does not come from the aesthetics. My feet (toes in particular) get claustrophobic.

     
  • At 9:56 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I have worn socks to bed for years. My feet love them. Usually it is all I wear! *snicker*

     
  • At 4:37 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I'm a nude sleeper, clothes of any kind in bed make me feel like I'm tied up (not that I know how that feels). I will, however, put socks on my feet. I have always had cold feet and sometimes a nice pair of bed socks makes all the difference, as does a nice warm body to put those cold feet against.

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Cold feet are far less sexy than any socks could possibly be. It has to be pretty warm before I don't wear socks to bed. Sometimes when it is really cold I also wear gloves. Circulation...

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I just read that wearing socks improves sex because your circulation is better when your feet are warm!

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Usually, I'm not a fan-- but when you're sick... ah, nothing meets the sweet frumpiness of warm feet...

     
  • At 11:15 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    And they are fun to kick off in the middle of the night. Scott calls my little pile of socks next to the bed "bed poop." Yes, I know.... :)

     
  • At 6:34 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I wear socks to bed and will kick them off when I get to hot.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home