Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, April 06, 2012

And the knit goes on ...

Still using up the tail ends of things.  I keep finding boxes half-full of odds and ends.  I never throw more than a yard of yarn away.  And thus I am able, when taken by the frenzy, to soothe my thrifty soul by churning out these scrap hats and scarves.  I'm listening to "Dragonfly in Amber" by Diane Gabaldon, and sewing, then watching the tube and knitting.  I have no job, no kids, and no sense of responsibility.  Life is freaking GOOD! Have I mentioned this before?  Not bragging, just reveling. It's what I'm doing right now, so I may as well enjoy it.  Life is too short not to enjoy what you're doing.










The scarf is knitted the long way, in seed stitch because it mixes colors and maximizes yardage, one row per color.  That gray fun fur has a lot of impact for being used in every fifth row.  And it makes for a fluffy, soft scarf.  As you can see, there is green, pink, gray and black

The hat, again knit from the top down, is using up bits of pink and white wool and silk.  Knitting this hat made my inner 6 year-old so happy!  She squeed every time we came to the end of a ball and had to select a new shade.  At least two strands of yarn held together all the way through. Fun, fun!

As you can see from the flowers in the background, spring is rolling right along.  the theme for this month's tea is "Daffodils"  Yellow table cloth, yellow shades in the china, daffodils of course on the table.  Pear and ginger upside down cake.  Yellow macarons, (hazelnut flavor maybe) Earl Grey tea biscuits (recipe from an Aussie pal) Lavender scones. Maybe a fruit salad with fresh pears.  And something chocolate.  Hmm - - - what incarnation of chocolate shall I use?  Lindor balls?  brownies? Mini cupcakes?  Chocolate cookies?  Classic chocolate chip cookies?  Decisions, decisions.  Any ideas, suggestions, recommendations or requests?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I'd have to go with Lindor balls - an exquisite taste but not as heavy as a baked good.

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love working scrap projects and Noro self-striping ones... that random appeals to my scattered soul!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home