Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, August 26, 2011

Roxie of Redwall

Valspar Pomegranate lightly sponged with mulberry, then heavily sponged with pomegranate with lots of irridescent pearl glaze added.  The different colors and glosses disguises the crappy spackling.  And, when I hang a big mirror at the end of the table, people will be too busy admiring their lovely reflections to notice the deplorable edges of the wall.  Meanwhile, the color is warm, intimate, and smile-inducing every time I walk through the room.

And we also arranged some pots and plants out at the pavillion.  Sigh!  I swoon out there every afternoon.  Sweet tea, and "The Help"  (Great book by the way, though I hate knowing that it's based  in fact.  But we need to be reminded that things WERE worse.  We have made SOME progress, and we need to make more.)

Knitting in September - How am I going to get 24 knitters out in the pavillion?  Or do we draw lots?  First 6 women to respond and request pavillion priveledges get it?  Rotate guests out there every twenty minutes? Any suggestions?

This will be a Weight Watcher's tea - lots of fruit and crudites.  Maybe angelfood cake.  Ya wanna come anyhow?

9 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Food in the pavilion and chairs and tables scattered around the perimeter?

     
  • At 5:02 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Ask if another lady or 2 have some of those pop-up shelters you could add out there and have room for all to relax in shade!

     
  • At 7:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    A room colour that makes you smile is awesome!!

     
  • At 8:09 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Ditto on the food in the pavilion and chairs scattered around.

     
  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger mplanck said...

    That's an awesome color, Roxie, you clever girl! And the pavillion is beautiful. Missed you at Chrysalis though.

     
  • At 7:47 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    To one of your shebangs? Always! And food in the pavillion, with a few casual chairs, and most of the visiting out on the lawn! (If you put REALLY fattening food on the end of the table, NO ONE will want to eat there!)

     
  • At 12:02 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I love your new back yard entertainment pavilion! It looks heavenly and relaxing. I agree - draw lots to see who gets to sit inside.

    Congrats to be finally all healed up.

    I love bike riding, but the only place around my house to ride is the same road with the people who think back roads should be driven with the same speed as the interestate. It gets a little scary.

     
  • At 10:35 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    How many coats did it take for your red wall? The red in our old house took 5 before it stopped being "raspberry" and started being "burning bush". Then I slapped on another for good luck. Lord help whoever has to paint over that sucker.

     
  • At 11:24 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I love that color!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home