Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

bacon maple cupcakes

 First try at the cupcakes was a monumental fail.  I have no idea why they got all fluffy, then flopped.  I follwed the recipe the same way both times and got completely different results.  It's magic.  Or something.
 The second time, they turned out to be lovely little cupcakes with a decent crumb and a good flavor. I don't know how I did it.
And here they are, frosted and garnished with a bit of bacon.  And oh my do they taste good!  Think of a pancake breakfast.  Think how good the bacon tastes where the maple syrup dribbles on it.  Think of that taste in a cupcake.  Think of a good excuse to ask me to bring a batch over to your house.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM , Blogger LA said...

    It's the baking fairy....she does that to keep us humble (and thankful for the times it comes out just right!!!)

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    I'll trade you however much lavender there is left (plus some of J's) AND all the fabric from the new stash -- for just a couple. xoxoxox

     
  • At 4:08 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    It's a mystery, isn't it?

    That's why baking is an art and not a science!

     
  • At 4:46 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I've missed the last few days. Sick and not able to always form coherent thoughts so here goes:

    I LOVE the wall color! I wouldn't be able to look past it to the mirror.

    The pavilion looks so inviting. I'd set up small tables all around it and have the tea outside (weather permitting, I know you're in Oregon)

    We were just talking about getting the bikes out this weekend and taking a short ride. It's been a while and I'm not sure how much I can handle just yet being a gym slacker and all.

    Bacon/maple cupcakes probably taste better than it sounds. Although I do love syrup on my bacon so who knows?

    I am so glad you are brace free. Now you can be your unrestricted self again.

     
  • At 5:16 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Yum! I've got chocolate lava cake.

     
  • At 10:25 AM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

    This certainly sounds unique. I do like bacon and when I was younger I used to smother my bacon in maple syrup. Yum!


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

     
  • At 6:14 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Not a maple fan, but bacon makes everything better! Whenever I cook it everything in the house that has a mouth and legs lines up in anticipation. Trying to stockpile it for BLTs, etc. is nigh on impossible because it's pilfered right off the platter before it cools.

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow! Bacon DOES make everything better!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home