Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The new file cabinet is here

DH spent 2 1/2 hrs assembling my new file cabinet, bless his wonder-husband heart!  It's a sturdy, handsome piece of furnitire, and watching him put it together has raised my respect for him even more.  He reads directions!  He identifies each piece and counts the screws before he begins.  He used a hand operated screwdriver because power tools will strip the screw holes.  He patiently took it one step at a time and never had to take something apart because it was put together backwards or upside down.  And unlike me, he never once needed to cuss.  He can build or fix anything!  I love him more than chocolate itself!

Today, I get to spend the day sorting through the old files.  Actually, this should keep me busy for several days.  Which is just as well because my car is in the shop and it's raining.

Knitting just isn't working.  I need to be able to cock up my wrist, and that ain't happening for weeks yet.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    bless his wonder-husband heart- I like the sound of that.

    Mr. Sophanne will let me read the directions, argue briefly with what I tell him needs to happen and then do the right thing. That's close enough- the no cussing factor is a bonus always.

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You know you have a treasure, don't you? A man who reads directions and even understands them. Bravo! Hope you get your car out of the shop in time for tomorrow's meeting. Alice

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    More than chocolate. WOW!!!

     
  • At 7:48 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Yep, DH is a keeper! Can't say sorting files is much fun but it surely feels good when it is done.

     
  • At 12:02 AM , Anonymous Barb said...

    Hey, I've been missing you, so I thought I'd pop over to your blog and see what's happening.
    I've never known anyone who could make putting a file cabinet together so interesting.
    Fortunately, you can have both your hubby and chocolate, no need to make a choice. I miss you. Big hug.

     
  • At 7:22 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Lookit you finding other projects--I'm not surprised in the least!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home