Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Of all thethings I've lost,

I think I missed my mind the most.  It has taken me a week to figure how to load this picture,  even though it isn't a very good one.  The hand to the right, miscolored and limp, is two weeks past breakage.  See where they had to cut off my wedding ring?  And how about that green tinge of fading bruise across the back?  It will be  10 days before I get to see my tender flesh again, and then there'll be scars and incisions and stuff.  Do you want advance notice when that gets posyed?

It's so grand to be firing on all cylinders again.  My brain is my favorite toy and it's SO nice to have it returned to action!  One handed typing is a PITA but I'm building muscles every day!

And, since I can leave the house with reasonable confidence that I will find my way back, I am taking myself out for a walk.  Yeah, it's raining.  So?  Walkies!!

9 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Welcome back, Roxie's mind :) I remember using Oxy-- after surgery. My nephew was highly amused by my slow response time and by the strange comments coming out of my mouth.

    Just think, all those scars will be great conversation openers--Did you get in a fight with Sasquatch? What did the other guy look like? etc.

     
  • At 12:50 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Oh, bless your heart!!!! The good thing about this picture is that you can look back in a few months, and you'll be amazed. In the meantime, just take it easy, and keep that brain going in high gear!!!

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hate to see the bruises on your poor hand, but am glad the surgery is over and you're on the road to being two-handed once more. Walkies in the rain? Can't keep a good Sorceress down. Alice Lynn

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Ouch! Hope you're recovered soon.

     
  • At 4:18 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Ow ow ow ow ow
    And your poor wedding ring too.

     
  • At 5:02 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Glad you're back - and your brain, too. I think you had the same surgery I did, so if you have any questions, you can e-mail me. Look on the bright side, though - one of the best physical therapies for your hand is KNITTING!

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    OH sweetie - cutting off the wedding ring! Poor thing. Glad you're feeling more yourself, though.

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Woohoo!!! Roxie's back!!

    And yes, the hair will grow back. Yours is so pretty no matter what the length, though.

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Aww.. poor hand... and poor lost mind. I'm glad it found it's way home!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home