Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 30, 2011

How many books can you carry with one hand?

If I had both hands, I would have everything moved out of the garage and put away by now.  I had the energy and motivation to do half of it yesterday!  (Oh gee it's good to be off the drugs!) As it was, there are two sets of empty shelves in the guest room which are not quite filled now, but getting close, and I walked miles carrying five books at a time in a hand basket out of the garage and into the guest room.  I'm going nuts here! 

I also found my Gray's Anatomy and looked up wrist joint under skelatal and ligaments.  Today, I'm gonna study the nerves and bloodvessels.  Knowledge is power, and even being able to name that knob at the side of my wrist (the subcutaneous presentation of the ulna) takes thing out of the scarey and puts them into the manageable.  Besides, I love saying words like metacarpal and synovial. 

Anyhow, the hospital sent me what was clearly a computer motivated pamphlet about taking care of your frail old female bones and how to protect yourself from falling, and it thoroughly pissed me off.  So now, if anyone asks how I broke it, I'm gonna say, "Skateboard on the half-pipe."  Bet the skateboard punks don't get pamphlets about being careful to sit down while you get dressed, and how you should install safety rails by the toilet to prevent accidents.  But there's probably some computer program that reads my chart, adds up female plus over 60, plus broken wrist, and automatically generates the osteoporosis packet.  Nothing like a good snit to get a lot of work done. 

And I slept really well last night.  No more drug-induced, hyper-reality, super sensually saturated dreams that leave me exhausted.  Just rest and rest and blessed rest.  Oh, I do love to sleep.

Today, I am going to walk a mile to the bank. Yay me!  And if a Starbucks chai break should happen midway, well hooray for that, too.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Heh. You tell 'em Roxie! Way to go! Hurray for computer generated nothingness.

    I think the picking up of the books would be more difficult than the carrying. The basket is a good move.

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    When people ask how I got the surgical scar on my wrist, I tell them I was in a bar fight. So that's another fun one to keep in mind.

    Glad you're sleeping well again. That will help more than anything else.

     
  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    "Half-pike on a skateboard"! I LOVE you Roxie. That is a perfect response to presumptuous, age-ist bass-turds who whould dare to make condescending comments or inquiries.

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Anonymous maryjeanandben@yahoo.com said...

    You give me a good laugh when I need it, after two days of yard work that I put off for a year. Wish I had something funny to tell. I hope to make Chrysalis next week. Mary Jean Rivera

     
  • At 6:56 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    The black dog may go home on Saturday. Glad to know the wrists of the world (at least of the important people in the world) are healing.

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Glad to see you back in top form, Roxie.

     
  • At 5:15 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Aunt Roxie, we all know you broke your wrist fending off ravenous dragons. Or was it putting out the fires of mount doom? I can never keep it straight. Why not both?

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    Nice to know you're back on all cylinders! And now your new heroine will know all about bones and blood vessels which could come in handy; no pun intended. See you on Wednesday? Alice

     
  • At 10:42 AM , Blogger Tina Birch said...

    No more drugs? I was sort of hoping for an Oxycodone-induced limerick :-)

    Really, though, I'm so glad you're feeling better.

     
  • At 7:57 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    LOL-- DEFINITELY Yay you! Yes-- you are the last person I can think of who would need that pamphlet!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home