Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, July 14, 2011

My friend Mary Lou was moving to a smaller place and had to downsize some of her china, so I designated my house a china orphanarium, promised to love it, use it and wash it by hand.  But I was going to be out of town when /mary Lou could drop it off.  So our mutual friend the awesome Rpse came to the rescue and let Mary Lou store the china in the back of Rose's van.  Then I broke my wrist and weeks vanished from my ken.  One morning I woke up saying, Oh my gosh, the china!  Rose is in my writing group, so we mad contact on Wednesday, and she put the china in my trunk.
 Today, I carried one piece at a time untill I could lift the box one-handed.  And here is Mary Lou's orphan china being displayed and loved!  Isn't it pretty?  I think my favorite is the plate, dessert plate, and cup and saucer hand-painted with  strawberries.
 Mary Lou is a champion packer and did not stint on the paper.  When the pile of paper began moving, I thought I was losing my mind.  Then it began to purr.  Evidently, Pepper thinks it's great fun to be burried in crumpled paper. Hot laundry is even better, but crumpled paper is so wonderfully noisy!




I was downtown and caught, quite by accident, a drum and marimba performance by percussionists from Chamber Music NorthWest.  Pachelbel's Cannon in D in the Marimba is mind-blowing.  There was a drum solo that sort of sounded like something Stravinsky might have composed on a particularly staccato drunken evening, and then, be still my lucky heart, my favorite dance troupe, Body Vox, performed.  It was freaking awesome!To celebrate, I bought some beaded fringe for fracture bling.  It's shiney! The lady in the ribbon store laughed when I asked her to tie it on for me.

I took my wedding ring to the jewelers today, but the nice young man suggested I wait.  "I could fix it and size it for you now," he said, "but about two weeks after you get your cast off, you'll need to have it sized down because the last of the swelling will go down and the ring will fall off."  So sometime in August, I'll be getting my ring fixed.  Who knew?

6 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Fine china, music, and wedding rings all go together. :-) Alice

     
  • At 2:28 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Oh the china is so lovely - lucky you! It looks beautiful displayed in that gorgeous dresser.

    Love the 'fracture bling'. Must show The Princess, who will of course love the colour of your cast!

     
  • At 4:43 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I have an ankle bracelet that I had on the day I dislocated my ankle. Even after 5 years, I still cant' wear it. My ankle is literally not the same. I know this because every once in a while, I pull it out and try it on (hope springs eternal)

    I love the bling! Pk and the girls wanted to put garland on my cast but I was afraid I'd trip on it!

     
  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I was happy to be storage center for the china! I never even peeked to see what it all looked like! Looks good in the cabinet!
    Love the bangles, too!

     
  • At 11:04 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Dancers! Did you take any photos for Wednesday?

     
  • At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Nice of the guy to be honest with you or you might have had to pay twice to get your ring done.

    Our cat, Patty, LOVED paper and bags and stuff because of the rustling. Her favorite toy was a paper bag which she'd play inside and outside of.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home