Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Whine

Next week we are getting the floors refinished which means that we have to move everything out.  We and the kitties will have to stay elsewhere for a week while the floor folks sand and seal.  Then we have 2 days to move everything back before we bring guests in for a week. 

So, since DH works full time and I work part time, guess who gets to pack things up?  I am building a rolling fury over all the STUFF we have.  Who brought all this stuff into my house?  And where am I going to put this stuff?  Where am I  going to put THAT stuff?  Where am I going to find more boxes to put the stuff into? 

We are ordering a POD - a storage container that the POD people will deliver to us, then pick up and take away when we are done.  We could, if we wanted, have is sent elsewhere and unpack it there, or just leave the sucker stuffed full and store the whole ball of wax indefinitely for a small fee.  It's like a temporary storage shed.

So I have been schlepping and sorting and trying to organize myself all day, and I'm now too stupid to continue.  I don't know what comes next.  We will be living here until Monday, so I can't just start at one end of the house and sweep through.  And since the refurnishing will be so fast, I sort of have to plan what can be left until later (July?) to be moved back in.  Also, there are pieces of furniture that will require the assistance of some high-school gorillas to move in and out.  Try to organize for maximum efficiency because high-school gorillas have short attention spans. And by now, so do I.  If I go into the same room three times and still can't remember what I wanted in there, it's time for a cup of tea and a good self-indulgent whine.  How many people in the history of the world have had a chance to whine about having too much?

The kitties were delighted to have us back.  They all slept with us!  I was too tired to set up my CPAP last night, so slept without it.  I am even more tired today because the sleep wasn't that good, and I snored like a strangling goose all night long.  Now I know what I need to do - time to set up my breathing buddy. 

Hope your June 1 will be wonderful!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Oh my....this is like moving but NOT moving! ALL that beautiful china has to be carefully wrapped and packed before the gorillas come!!!! I would send the packing fairies IF I could find them!

     
  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I'm packing up the house too.
    Only I'm moving it to my new house, but only after I get some tile installed in the living room, studio, and bedroom. After living here 21 or so years, I have the same problem. Waaay toooo much.

     
  • At 5:52 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    If I lived nearby, I'd help you. It's one of my specialties. But I'd probably annoy you by saying, "Just get rid of that!" and "You don't need or want that, do you?"

    Haha--my word verification is : wincy!

     
  • At 6:34 PM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    Having too much stuff and having to pack it - tell me about it! Seriously, good luck, I'm sure the result will be worthwhile, but WHAT A PAIN :(

     
  • At 4:46 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That sounds like a job and a half. And I agree with you, whoelse in history could whine about having too much stuff? That in and of itself is a luxury.

    Think of how beautiful your floors will look when the men get finished. And how neat and clean everything will be when you put it back.

     
  • At 5:32 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Having refinished floors will be so worth the work.

    You should always use the CPAP when you sleep, even naps. Otherwise you're cheating yourself.

     
  • At 12:43 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Everything?!? You mean, like, your entire house? That would be such an overwhelming thought that it makes me want to cry just thinking about it. I think you need whine without the "h". I would and I don't drink!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home