Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Brownies recipe 3 - WIN!

Chocolate horsepower brownies with cherries, "Disappeared before first break.  The only critique - 'they are almost too rich.'"  So, thanks to Lisa Nowak, my family will be horsepowered for Mom's memorial.  I gotta start baking and freezing batch after batch to have them ready.  May will be over before we know it.

Tomorrow, at 1PM, when I would otherwise be enjoying our writer's group, I will be getting trained in using my CPAP machine.  No brownies, ladies.  Sorry. 

The farm report tells me that the strawberries that I adore - the Oregon "Hood" berries, will be about six weeks late this year.  The bad news is that we have to wait.  The good news is that there will be hood berries for Fourth of July!!  I intend, some day, to eat myself into a stupor on those little bites of bliss. Right after I get all the raw Quilcene oysters I can hold. (hasn't happened yet.)

It's raining a lot on the East coast.  "What's a cubit?"

5 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    LMAO!!! Apparently it varies quite a bit depending on time & location. It's raining enough up here to make me consider just how big of an ark I'd have to build to save me & mine!

    I can't wait for strawberry season!! Since I was a little girl, picking our own berries is a time-honoured tradition.

     
  • At 5:14 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I think a cubit is something we all may need to become familiar with very soon. Our local weather people said "Rte 130 is flooded below Bellmawr this morning. Just flooded right out". Funny thing is, we spent billions of dollars just a few years ago to regrade that and another road that frequently floods. Money literally down the drain!

    Strawberry and blueberry season is a little late this year here too because of the lack of sun and warmth. I can't wait for the berries, you can keep the oysters.

     
  • At 5:27 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Aren't Cubits what make you fall in love?

     
  • At 6:33 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    A cubit is an ancient measurement of length...remember from Bible school! You can read more here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubit

    If you want some good recipes, try this site:
    http://www.bbonline.com/recipe/index.html

    LOTS of recipes from B&B's!!!

     
  • At 4:32 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    What's a cubit, indeed!

    Rain, rain, go away, come again in about three weeks, will ya?

    The brownies sounds dreamy!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home