Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, May 30, 2011

photos!

On the way to the beach we pass McMinnville where the Spruce Goose is now.  You know - the giant all plywood airplane built by Howard Hughes.  As if that weren't attraction enough, the also took a passenger jet and added it to a water slide.  It opens in June.  I gotta go!

 Boiler Bay
Sea lions in Newport.  An old bull and his harem hanging out on the dock.

 There was a beautiful sunset the night we got in.
 Simultanelously, in the east, a rainbow!
We cruised out beyond the bridge.


 Chuck, my oldest brother, an avid fisherman.



A group portrait of everyone but Roxie who went  out on the boat.  They were on the dock, waiting for the boat to be hosed down, and just lined up,  watching the water.  I keep saying my fam-damily is bass ackward.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I vote that the best family portrait ever.
    I wonder what sea lion bacon would taste like?

     
  • At 4:57 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Is that what's known as putting your best face forward?

    Your photos look beautiful and refreshing (it's been in the 90's and humid here for days)

     
  • At 5:52 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Love the picture of the rainbow. The reds are very striking.

     
  • At 1:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love the pictures, Roxie. The one of Boiler Bay brings back happy memories. A motel once nestled in a crescent of land by the bay. Every fall my best friend and I rented a suite. Living room with fireplace, a kitchen, 2 bedrooms and bath, reasonably priced. We'd watch the waves roll in under the outdoor lights and talk until we lost our voices. Thanks for reminding me. Alice Lynn

     
  • At 11:15 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Hah! At first glance, I thought those sea lions we chicken fillets on a grill, all spiced and charred. :)
    Great photos.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home