Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, May 21, 2011

What dreams there be

I must have been running fairly short on REM sleep because my nights are now packed full of dreams!  I wake up with bits of them falling away as if I just burst through a stained glass window. The pieces dissolve as they rain down.  We were riding giant green pigs across the English channel to escape the Nazi vampires.  And there was that house on the cliff with the livingroom cantelievered out and made to bounce every time you moved. Something smelled orange to the sound of ukeleles . . .  It's fading but it was so wonderful . . . vanishing, trailing away.  I want so much to slide back under and recapture those stories, but I know that if I'm dreaming about large bodies of water, it's time to go to the bathroom.

The built-in humidifier doesn't seem to be working.  I have to call them on that.  I think that's why I'm SO groggy when I get up.  Either that, or the dreams are just exhausting me.  Yesterday was glorious, sunny and warm.  I hung up my sling chair under the apple tree and lay down in it, DH, put Fly cat on my lap, and two hours later it was time to wake up and go to dinner.  The cat and I were snoozing together in the soft, warm air, with birds yelling all around us and neither of us had bothered to stir a whisker.  Any afternoon you can nap in the sun for two hours, is a freaking good day in my book.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Such vivid, delightful dreams...mine are never so full of adventure! Naps are ALWAYS to be appreciated!

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Wow, what an imagination. Even my weirdest dreams are never that interesting. :)

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love dreams (mostly). I get my book ideas that way. I remember a story dream of being a poor Chinese boy going to visit his uncle, a cook, in the Imperial Palace... keep dreaming. I'll dream of snoozing in the warmth of a sunny day with a kitty on my lap...Alice Lynn

     
  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Yes, dreams are a good thing. (Unless you're slogging through radioactive goo in a tunnel, then not so much.)

    Glad you're sleeping better.

     
  • At 12:41 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Wild dreams...maybe idea for a book?? Or have you lived a past life and it haunts you??

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I LOVE your dreams-- I don't dream much, mostly because I don't sleep long enough to dream!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home