Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, May 19, 2011

recipe 4 - win!

Ghiardelli brownie mix with the addition of caramels and pecans.  I could have eaten the whole batch by myself.  Wrapped it up in saran and foil and froze it to take to the assembly.  I don't want to wait till the last minute to do the baking because when I get tired, I get careless.  Next batch, Ghiardeli mix with butterscotch chips.  I'm not wasting mix brownies on the locusts because I know the mixes always turn out well.

I got my CPAP machine yesterday.  We had a group training session. The teacher stepped out for a minute, and we started sharing information.  We each had a print-out of our sleep study results.  Most people had breathing interruptions an average of 28 times an hour.  I topped out at 37 interruptions an hour.  On the other hand, I didn't get significantly oxygen deprived, so it's not as worrisome as it might be.  Anyhow, I had my first night with my breathing buddy and woke feeling quite groggy.  The instructor had warned us about "bounce back."  The breathing problems can interfere with REM sleep, and when you start getting that necessary dream time, you can really wallow in it till you get caught up.  I would LOVE to crawl back under the covers, strap on my headset and noseplugs, and sleep through the rest of this sunny day.  It was a bit difficult to relax and fall asleep, but I'm sure the novelty of the situation will fade quickly.

Looks like today will be a glorious warm and  sunny day!  I'm going to be working indoors for 9 hours.  And I bet it will be a Slooooow day as well. We have been craving that sun for so long, everyone who remotely can, will blow off their tests till a later date.  Oh well.  I'll need to be there for the grownups.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger LA said...

    Yeah! You've had your "first night" with your new buddy! Can't wait to hear updates. Your brownies will be a hit with the family!!!!

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I tell myself Grilltech's CPAP machine is the ocean. It helps me sleep. Hope you adjust quickly.

     
  • At 9:33 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I'm glad my recipe worked for you. :) Sorry I haven't been around much. Way too busy with landscaping and the book stuff. Missed you at Chrysalis yesterday!

     
  • At 1:28 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    SO glad you got your CPAP going. I know it will make a difference. Plus we think it's a multi-use device; most models can be worn while answering the door at Halloween, providing that extra thrill for the trick-or-treaters. :)

     
  • At 5:53 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I think I am gaining weight reading about all these brownies!! Brownies are my favorite after milk chocolate fudge!!!!

     
  • At 9:51 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Hope that the CPAP transition goes well and that you're back to sleeping through the night without interruption. Your DH's co-workers are lucky to have your treats sent in. Hope you get to enjoy Friday, it's supposed to be even more lovely than Thursday!

     
  • At 1:38 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Scott's average wake up times were 106/hour until he got his C-PAP machine. They asked him how he even functioned, and he told them he did because he had to.

    You'll love getting rested once you get through the initial phase.

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow-- you ARE an overachiever-but I'm glad you're getting some help and that yes, you can finally dream!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home