Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, April 08, 2011

G is for

 Gloryoski, Sandy!  The lacivious magnolias are embracing the sunshine!

No cloud cover last night gave us a little frost (on April 8 in the Willamette Valley?  This is unprecedented cold!) But no cloud cover today gives us SUN!!


Knitting and Literature Society meets here tomorrow.  The theme is New Leaf, since there are so many about right now.  Too bad the colors on this aern't better.  A butter-yellow tablecloth, snow white napkins, butter-yellow Noritake with blue-green edges and snow white centers.  I never met a Noritake pattern I didn't love.

 Since it's getting on toward Easter, I got out the birdie napkin rings.









Cheerful little sods, aren't they?



More photos tomorrow when the strawberries are glimmering in their glass bowl, and the cookies are nestled happily on the plate.  I'm thinking maybe I'll add chocolate chips to a peanut butter recipe.

And I'm making deviled eggs.  Do you think it would be ok to color the egg sstuffing stuff?  Blue and red and basic yellow?  Kind of  cheery and colorful, or just a bit gross?

Yeeha!  Initiate baking frenzy!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM , Blogger LA said...

    The napkin rings are delightful!!! The table will be so festive, and the menu sounds yummy!

     
  • At 11:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Coloured egg filling might be going a bit far ... do you have any pastel-ey decorations you could just casually strew about?

     
  • At 1:06 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I meant to say strawberries...

     
  • At 1:09 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Do remember I'm baking cookies as well: Persian rice-flour shortbread with nice green pistachios (gluten-free) - and it sounds like bird-shaped cut-outs would be fun. Maybe even with frosting. My fingertips are all dry and salty from shelling pistachios.

     
  • At 8:06 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I really do love how you make every place setting a particular work of art on it's own! Go Roxie!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home