Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Excited

 Before.
After! 
All clean and shiny! Just like magic.  the secret ingredient is Elbow grease. Now to re-line and re-load the cupboards.  And then go into baking frenzy for Knitting on Saturday.  Our theme is "New Leaf."  I'll use china with green tones in it, and maybe bring in a few leafy twigs.  Raspberry cake with sliced canned peaches (Peaches and raspberries work in that Australia dessert - Peach Nellie.)  Tamara is bringing cookies.  I'll make deviled Eggs, because everyone like them. Don't know what for fresh fruit yet.  Any suggestions?  And maybe scones to make the house smell good on Saturday morning.  Butter and jam, but no honey.  Ants got in through the screw top jar and drowned.  The top of the honey is speckled with honied ants.  I scrpaed most of them out, and will not share honey till the rest are gone.  I don't mind a few dead ants in my tea, but I wouldn't expect my guests to be quite so adventurous.

Drowning in honey.  There's an image!  Maybe that's what happens to people who get too much too easily.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Well, if you are going to drown in something, it might as well be something as yummy as honey.

     
  • At 1:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Wow - what a difference!! What bright new cupboards!!

     
  • At 2:20 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Wow! The cupboards look fabulous. Who knew they could come up so beautifully. Love the new handles too.

    Enjoy your knitting Saturday.

     
  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    The cupboard looks great!

    In case you are googling for a recipe or something, it's Peach Melba!! Which I have never eaten, which is a bit sad, because I do like a peach!

     
  • At 9:05 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Your cupboards look amazing! Now you will smile every time you look at them

     
  • At 11:28 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow-- look what you did! It looks lovely, you lumberman's daughter, you! And I think we'll use "drowning in honey" from now on! What an awesome expression!

     
  • At 5:25 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Every cup of tea needs a bit extra protein in it. =^.^=

    Love! LOVE the cupboards. They're very sparkly.

     
  • At 8:12 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    The "new" cupboards are beautiful! The elbow grease gang did a fabulous job. Between the tunnel light, refinished cupboards and backyard rennovations your're going to feel like you're in a brand new house. Ants in tea don't sound very appetizing, but they'd be safe to eat. Maybe you can make it into a contest. The person willing to eat the most honey-covered insects gets a prize! Just kidding.

     
  • At 1:03 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I say kiwi.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home