Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The year of seasons: Adam's apple

Not much change in the apple tree so far this spring.  But, ah, spring is finally on her way.  Guess Persephone got a flat tire on her chariot, because the daffodils are about a month late.

That just makes them so much more welcome when they do show up!

Now, on another topic, those of you who follow Dave Daniels at Cabin Cove will remember this gorgeous silk and merino scarf that he just finished weaving.  I squeealed and asked how muchhe wanted for it because well, it's silk and merino and pink and lavender and a cool log cabin weave structure and the only thing that could possibly make it more attractive to me would be to swathe it around a kitty, and I know that has already occurred. 
So what did this astounding guy do?  He offered to swap.  He sent it to me, saying that he knew I would find something to send back.  Lessee - his favorite color is plaid, and the Pendleton Woolen Mills outlet store is about a mile away.  He loves to cook, and Oregon is the home of hazlenuts.  He likes what I write and the 4th book in the Sanna Chronicles is coming out this year. 
Oh, speaking of the Sanna Chronicles - - did you know you can download the Nook App from Barnes and Noble FREE onto your laptop?  It's easy! Even I can do it.  And they have FREE books to go with it!  My first choice was, The Princess and the Penis.  It was that or Daracula or Jane Eyre.  Decisions, decisions.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love seeing the spring flowers poke out - I've got a few green shoots so it's only a matter of time!

    What a lovely scarf & a lovely friend!!

     
  • At 11:17 AM , Blogger LA said...

    Oh, my!!! What a lovely scarf! You'll have to think of something really wonderful to swap for that!!!

     
  • At 5:28 PM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    And it's tough finding chariot mechanics in Hell...

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Oh, honey, reel it in! You went from hazel nuts to plaids to penises!!! lol, you have me laughing SO hard right now! I'm glad it arrived safely and that it looks so fabulous in your photos.

     
  • At 8:34 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I won't be seeing daffodils for quiiite a while yet. All I've got is little chilly leaf tips.

     
  • At 12:11 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Go go Princess and Penis! And Dave does such wonderful work-- I'm so beguiled!

     
  • At 5:24 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    My guess is you went with the Princess one, because we all know what Persephone was really doing...

    Love the scarf!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home