Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's bread! (sorta)

 Next time I'm going to make it in pans, because I think I still didn't let it rise enough  on the final rise, and how can you tell if an amorphous blob has "doubled in size?"  But is has a nice sourdough tang, a decent texture, and an OK crust.  Now to see if I can improve on the results.
 Here's a scarf I knitted a while ago which has bee just sitting around, waiting to get some beads on the edges.  Some day I'll figure out how to photograph these things so the sparkly bits show up better.
This one is for Lisa, who will (Heaven only knows when) add her own beads.  See you Wednesday, Lisa!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Great job on the shawls!!
    I love my bread maker - I'm not one for experimenting with artisan breads so it suits me perfectly, taking the guesswork out of the kneading and rising. The most that I have to do is a final rise on my own for buns.

     
  • At 8:17 AM , Blogger LA said...

    I think your bread looks yummy. But, did YOU enjoy it? I can imagine it would also make great toast!!!!!

     
  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    Prettiful!

     
  • At 6:12 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Oh, yes, it's definitely bread!

    I use my bread maker's dough cycle to save my wrists, but then I bake the dough in pans so it will fit in the toaster.

     
  • At 4:26 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    You have been a busy girl! Love the bread! Really love the shawl!

     
  • At 7:46 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Wow, you've been busy.

     
  • At 12:34 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Purty-- I still treasure my Roxie scarf!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home