Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Acknowledgements

It's time to write the acknowledgements and cover blurbs for Sanna, Sorceress Apprentice as an e-book.  Have you read Sanna?  Would you like your deathless prose on a book cover?  Write me a nice blurb and we may use it.

Acknowledgements are gonna be hard.  I've got to cut several pages of appreciation to a cast of dozens down to a reasonable snip.  Gotta include DH.  Gotta include the Puddletown Press.  Gotta include alpha and beta readers and Copy editors and the cheering squad and . . .

Meanwhile, DH spent all day Sunday in bed, Then got up on Monday and went to work like the hero he is.  He took left-over oatmeal cookies to the locusts, and tells me they were gone by lunch time.  He told the locusts about the chocolate cupcakes, but refused to take any in to share with them.

I have a starter fermenting on top of the fridge and am going to make another shot at bread baking today - using Alton Brown's cookbook.  TW has told me though, that some people who are otherwise excellent cooks just can't do yeast.  Evidently that single-celled organism senses the cook's anxiety and uncertainty and reacts badly.  Well, since I am not otherwise an excellent cook, I may very well stand a chance of making friends with the yeast beasties.  At least I'm gonna try.  And if I have another failure, the birds and squirrels in the back yard will celebrate, so it's an ill wind that blows no good.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Hey...I'd line up for homemade oatmeal cookies!!!! Can't wait to hear how the bread comes out!

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger Tina Birch said...

    That's right - no fear of the yeast beasties. You will prevail!

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I read Sanna and loved it. I read the first one in one sitting and then devoured the others almost as quickly. They are fun and intelligent and wonderfully magical. Sanna is a strong, capable young woman who is able to take care of herself and to ask for help when she needs it. What a good role model.

    I'm a huge Sanna fan! (can you tell?)

     
  • At 10:48 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I've had good luck with some Alton Brown recipes so here's hoping for wonderful bread!

     
  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Can't believe DH was so mean as to tell the Locusts about the cupcakes, but then won't share.

    Good luck on the bread.

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Hey! What TW sad was some people beleve they can't do yeast and t becomes a self-fulfllng prophecy.
    Do you notce the lac of the letter used to refer to the self? The old laptop out n the pennsula seems to have a broen " ". Truly. Also the letter whch maes "O" nto "yes".

    You can learn to relax around yeast and then t wll relax around you and cease to harden ts tny one-celled beng. (Maybe t has more than one cell. Ddn't loo that up.)
    One possblty - chec the temp. of the water - too hot whch lls the yeast s worse than too cool whch just slows thngs down. And do "proof" your yeast. Lots of newer recpes elmnate that step and have you use fast-dssolve / nstant yeast mxed nto the flour. don't really trust that method probably because t wasn't the one learned at my mother's nee.
    Ths must be the strangest comment ever! Sort of a puzzle. Further when am bac n town.

     
  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    I love the Sanna books!
    Your place setting is go-rage-ous! I need to get some kind of an e-reader or find a way to put them on my I-Pod (which means that I need to nag Brian until he figures it out for me). My friend, Karen, just did some experiments with several different types of sourdough starters. I should ask her how they went and let you know which method worked best for her. Did you enjoy the snow?

     
  • At 7:19 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Glad DH is feeling better-- and hooray hooray for blurbs! (I actually write a killer blurb... I'd just need some refresher notes on the plot of Sanna, and I could do the job for you if you like!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home