Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, February 17, 2011

thanks well crafted

 So awhile back I made some pieced comforters for some great nieces and nephew in LA.  A black and white for the oldest girl, a pink and purple for the youngest girl, and an orange and brown quilt for the little guy.  We just got the thank you letters.  I am enchanted!

What's not to love about heartfelt expressions of appreciation?

I have not been prompt about the regular photos of our little maple tree.  The year of seasons.  There hasn't been a lot of change lately in the tree.

 But at ground level, spring is slipping up on us.
Meanwhile, the knit goes on.  Here's a tea-cozy made with Benita's natural-dyed yarn.  I am tickled with how fancy such a simple pattern can look when you play with the colors.  And I used up the last teensy bits of each ball of yarn.  So proud!

As for the bread, I didn't get around to it.  I came home from a strenuous yoga class and fell asleep.  So I'll take all your good wishes and apply them to Friday.  Thank you, thank you!!

TW is correct.  She did not tell me that the yeast would sense my fear.  She told me that other people create their own self-fulfilling prophecy with that belief.  I need not fear the yeast.  Yeast is my friend!  I'm going to go give my friend a little more food now.  Alton wants me to use a pound of starter!

9 Comments:

  • At 7:01 AM , Blogger LA said...

    It's nice to see thank you notes are still being written! And, that reminds me I still have one to do, also! Love the knitting....stash busting is a good thing!

     
  • At 7:14 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Gorgeous tea cosy! I can't stop staring at the happy colors. I'm going to have to whip out some worsted and attempt to channel Roxie talent.

    LOVE the letters. Definitely keepers.

     
  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What lovely thank you notes! What a good family! (We're more the thank you phone call family, but I can appreciate a good Thank you note:-)

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Love the colors in that tea cozy. What a nice surprise to actually get a thank you letter in this day and age. Someone is raising those kids right. :)

     
  • At 9:01 AM , Blogger Tina Birch said...

    Aww, those notes would make great refrigerator art. Best wishes for the bread making.

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Wow! You make my yarn look so good!!! I love the patterns and the gradation of colors you used. Simply beautiful!

    You have flowers? I am so envious! We have... well mud and slush. Still, it is getting warmer by the day and in a couple of weeks I'm betting we'll start to see the hints of color that are a prelude to spring here.

     
  • At 5:56 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Those are wonderful thank yous. Very heartwarming.

    You can totally beast that yeast! You can make the yeast work for you. I have faith. There was a time when I didn't work outside the home and baked all of our bread. I loved it. I still bake some on the weekends when there's time and energy.

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    best thing in the world is a thank you note from a little one.

     
  • At 1:06 AM , Blogger Maggie said...

    It's not scientifically proven--yet--but I do believe dough senses fear. Relax, smile, put on some good music and show it who's boss!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home