Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

the neighbor's halloween set-up

I think that if I were actually young enough to want to go "Twickrtweet"ing, there is no way in hell I would go to this place.





At night, they have devices that flash a pair of tiny red, eye-like lights under the vines, then create a rustling as the unseen whatever scuttles away.







Low moans, and the occasional dying-rat squeal issue from hidden speakers. Although it doesn't show well, there is a coccoon dangling from the tree that contains an action figure doll that slowly writhes and grunts as it apparently struggles to escape.
















I, frankly, prefer things more low-tech. I am charmed by the lisping munchkins and the dramatic teens. And I applaud the brave parents who bring their spawn out regardless of the weather, rain or wind or bitter cold, and wait patiently while that annual rite of courage is enacted and the darling dumpling marches, alone, up to a stranger's house to hit them up for candy. Most kids think,"trickrtreat" is a magic word that causes the materialization of sugar.I have never asked what the threatened trick might be. Might try that this year.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Those neighbors really put their heart into Hallowe'en. It's all a bit much for me. I like to put on some fairy wings and some glittery makeup and give out candy.

    Your photos of the trip (with Mt. Hood) are beautiful. We are such a flat state over here and we get such a thrill from seeing mountains (why do I hear Bilbo saying "Mountains, Gandalf. I want to see Mountains"?). I'm glad you mom is doing ok. 93 is pretty impresive for a 2 ppd habit.

     
  • At 5:31 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    That is the coolest Halloween house ever!

     
  • At 6:30 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Do they put as much thought into Christmas lighting?

     
  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow... that's AWESOME! My darling dumplings would be over at that house every day of the week until the annual rite of passage...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home