Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, October 07, 2010

making use of my time

On the plane trip home, I used the last of the exploded clown yarn to crochet a baby hat. As we landed, the stewardesses sat and watched me in rapt fascination as I churned out the scallops on the brim. Another goodie for the orphanage box.







I am finishing the cotton baby blanket for DH's co-worker wh is the first man in the history of the world to have a granddaughter. I went with the green-yellow theme because she evidently has loads of pink already. I am doing single crochet around the edges until the green yarn is all used up. I do love these mitered squares!

And I love to watch "Dancing with the Stars," but DH finds it makes him uncomfortable to watch regular guys get critiqued by the judges. So we record it, and I watch while he is elsewhere. I watched four hours of it yesterday and knitted the final squares on this blankie, then began the edges. DH got home and said, "So how was writer's today?" "Today? Oh crap, it IS Wednesday!"

I need to gather my notes together and reconstruct a calender. I think I'm going to get busy now that summer is over. Things have been so up in the air at the college that, when a friend asked if I could office sit while her husband recovered from surgery, I said yes. So starting next Wednesday, I will be answering phones and covering the desk at a two-person office for a couple of weeks. Then I heard from the school and they want me to put in three four-hour days a week for the foreseeable future. Is it worth putting on makeup for twelve hours a week?



Meanwhile, my writing is slowed down because Pepper is still celebrating my return. She won't leave my lap and demands that I rub her belly, scratch her ears, or hold her feet. So I'm typing with one hand for a while.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sweet holy mother of purl! Somebody had a grandkid? Have you already phoned the Times?

    Actually I think it's terribly sweet that he is so excited. Men always pretend to be indifferent about babies until they are related to one - especially the kind whose diapers they won't be in charge of monitoring.


    awww....kitty-boo!

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    We missed you at Chrysalis.

     
  • At 1:43 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    There ya go, having so much relaxing time that you lose track of where you are to be! We missed ya at Chrysalis!

     
  • At 1:53 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Hold her feet? Really? Neil hated us to touch his feet.

    Man, I have some catching up to do on your blogs. I missed your whole vacation.

    Welcome back, BTW.

     
  • At 10:27 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Good for you for wowing the masses--and yeah, them darned cats!

     
  • At 5:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    What excellent use of your time!! After I pickup my new hair, fold some laundry I'll be making good use of my time too!! LOL

     
  • At 6:13 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    The kitties really missed you.

     
  • At 6:21 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Of course those kitties need assurance. You LEFT them! The poor babies.

    I think new grandfathers are cute. Of course their new grandbabies are the first ones ever to be this cute and perfect and smart! (even if they haven't been born yet).

    Glad you're home safely. And about the makeup? I have to put makeup on when I go into a work environment. More than my clothes, it signals me that I'm working.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home