Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

if it weren't for the cats

It might have been hard to come home, but we left rain and arrived in perfect October sunshine. And the cats were glad to have us back. Someone had a prolonged temper tantrum and crapped repeatedly in our bedroom. That'll teach US to go away and leave them! There is laundry to do and bills to sort through, and pounds of junk mail to sort. I wish the credit card company would stop sending those checks to draw against the account at exhorbitant intrest rates. You have to shred those suckers or the trash pickers will have a party at your expense. So you have to open every envelope the bank sends you, most of which are a plea to go further in debt to them. What a tragic waste of paper!

And speaking of a waste of paper, why does Land's End send out the new fall catalog, then "For Her" and "For Him" catalogs as well. Do they think I'm too stupid to find women's clothing in the regular catalog? I will be so dazzled by the abundance that I'll order a man's long-sleeved cotton turtleneck sweater by mistake? Trees died for those color glossy pages. Don't they realize that?

Well, ranting to you won't change the mail-order companies. I'll have to rant to them.


Meanwhile, I finished the traveling knitting. a cute, short cardigan for my SIL who loves flamingo pink. Hope it fits.












We were checking our luggage through, so I wanted to make my generic black bag more recognizable. We stopped at Walmart and bought a skein of cheap, scratchy, BRIGHT Red Heart yarn, made, no doubt, out of old soda bottles. I crocheted an exploded clown and tied it onto the suitcase handle, and you could almost hear it coming down the luggage track.

And last night, our bed knew us and cradled our backs, and the kitties piled on top of me (because I don't move so often at night) and we slept like travelers returned to our home.

This morning, Dh got up at five AM as usual and I got up to keep him company, and he went off to work, and I am hammering down on the stuff that piled up. It's a gorgeous day. I may walk to the store for a can of cat food, just because I can. (And it's another way of delaying the litterbox cleaning.) Hope your day welcomes you.

PS - I didn't gain any weight. Never use the elevator on the ship. Those stairs will keep you trim!

11 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Wow, you didn't gain any weight from those marvelous meals on the ship?? Kudos to you!

    Welcome home. Traveling is fantastic, but the bed at home is best.

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Yay for stairs! YAY and DOUBLE-YAY for you being BACK!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 2:38 PM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    Pretty cardigan, I like those colours. It's always nice to come home, no matter how great the holiday. And I love your exploded clown!

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    We missed you at Chrysalis today!
    Love the colorful exploded closn! LOL

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    ah, home, back to the mundane...
    it was lovely to share your trip through the blog - it looked fantastic!

     
  • At 12:01 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Happy cats, lovely cardigan and a wonderful trip. That's what I call a good blog post!

     
  • At 5:26 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You're awesome!!

    Sounds like the kitties missed you.

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ahhh...the sleep of the traveler-come-home. Beautiful.

    Speaking of beautiful - that yarn. oh man, that yarn. :)

    cheers!
    Daisy

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Aw, man, sorry about your room. I think that's where Ben was hiding out, since the one time I did see him he darted in there.

     
  • At 7:43 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Stairs are one of the best cardio workouts ever invented!

    Thanks for the great tour.

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *sigh* NOthing says welcome home like big piles of cat shit resentment, does it?

    But I'm glad it was a bright, sunshiny day, and doll, it sounds like an awesome cruise! (And I crocheted very similar little tabs for our luggage one year-- we still have them!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home