Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

sometimes it rains in southern California

It was just like home for DH and me. Cool, rainy and lightly populated. Only the athletes were out and about.









The volleyball players were not yet up and moving. Probably still hanging out in the coffee shops and humming "rain, rain, go away."









Instead, the birds had control of the beach. The seagulls and pigeons lined up for their daily assignments. The crowsanostra was already at work cleaning up around the trashcans.






We had good stuff for breakfast. But we still knew we were in SoCal. There was an omlet with avocado in it. There was a breakfast salad.








And our waitress looked like a movie star. Her boobs are too good to be real.














After breakfast we had a few minutes to stroll around the neighborhood. Lots and lots of beachfront property was for sale. Got eight hundred thousand in pocket change for a nice two-bedroom condo?












No price listed on this one. If you have to ask, you won't be able to afford it.









Jade trees - that venerable succulent houseplant, grows like a weed around here. Look at the size of these brutes.









And this, my friends, seems to be an aloe-vera! Holy crow! Bird-of-Paradise grows like weeds, and DH assures me that it's a pain in the tutu to erradicate. This really is a foriegn land to me.

And today, we are on our way home. If I didn't miss the kitties so much, this would be a lot harder.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I love the plants in southern California. They seem so mystical to me.

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Looking at your photos, I know EXACTLY where you were. The Strand used to be my 2x weekly exercise route.

    Good Stuff is ok for breakfast...we usually go to Scotty's. But the beach culture is everywhere. I don't wear shorts either.

     
  • At 4:47 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a wonderful vacation. You both look like you had a wonderfully restful time. Vacations should be madatory for everyone.

     
  • At 5:38 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Your expression on the last picture is a riot!

     
  • At 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those Californians....cursed with so many beautiful plants. Not fair. Although I guess that giant aloe explains the jugs of gel you can buy in the store. zoinks.

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Also, I rather love your hat. What a classy way to keep the sun off your face. I'm very particular about my hats, but I would totally wear that.

     
  • At 10:42 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    San Diego is one of my all time favorite cities, and you've got such a lovely take on it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home