Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, October 08, 2010

must sew

A week of vacation and I lost six tenths of a pound! Happy weigh-in today! Two more weeks of maintenence and I'll be attending for free as a goal-weight- lifetimer.

DH's brother and his darling wife just got custody of three of their grandkids. Imagine being 52 and suddenly getting a 6 month old girl, a 5 year old girl, and a 7 year old boy. BIL and his wonderful wife are SO good with these kids, and the kids are SO lucky!

But they need blankies. So I went to JoAnne's and hit the Columbus Day sales. Microfleece is on sale, and it makes a snuggly backing for a comforter. And if I drop out of sight for a few days, it will be because I am head down at the sewing machine. I am so happy that there is something I can do to help.

(I was holding the infant and she was fussy. I think she might be teething, but what do I know? I've never had kids. so I handed her off to grandma saying, "Here. I know something's wrong, but I don't speak infant." Of course, grandma's lap is the magic heal-all. All fussing stopped. Hooray for grandmas!!)

7 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Kudos to those grandparents! I'm in awe and also thrilled that those three little ones have loving (grand)parents!

     
  • At 6:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Congratulations - losing weight on vacation makes you some sort of hero!

    I think that the tiny infant sensed blankie goodness in you and was trying to set you on your path! ;-)

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You'll have the blankets done in no time.

     
  • At 6:52 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Three young children at this stage of my life would be a challenge. I admire grandparents who step in and take care of little ones. I know I'd do it if I had to (and hope like hell I never have to).

    Blankies are a definite necessity for those little ones.

     
  • At 8:07 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Happy sewing!

     
  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    What a good auntie you are! And what amazing grandparents those kids have. I am 52 (almost), and I am speechless at the thought.

     
  • At 9:38 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Huzzah for grandma & grandpa, and how wonderful of Roxie to welcome the little liepchen!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home