Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, October 18, 2010

Road Trip

Today I am driving over the pass (to Central Oregon) to visit my 93 year-old mom who has been hospitalized with a bladder infection. She's tougher than an old boot and I don't fear any immediate disaster, but this is a good chance to go see her before the snow flies. I have GOT to dig out the camera since the pass is lovely in October.

Yesterday, we went to see "Red" with Bruce Willis and Morgan Fairchild. As ever with Bruce Willis, it's rock-em, sock-em over the top action adventure with a sense of humor. And folks under fourty will not get all the jokes. We LOVED it. DH even laughed out loud! Ernest Borgnine has a cameo role, and unlikely as it may seem, his looks have improved with age. Lots and lots of shooting and explosions and wholesale slaughter of bad guys while the audience cheers.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:43 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Drive safely, enjoy your time with your Mum. Hope she's feeling better and home again soon.

     
  • At 7:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I"m hearing all sorts of good reviews about Red - I'll have to check it out!!

     
  • At 1:20 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Morgan Freeman? (Morgan Fairchild is a blond woman as I recall). We are really looking forward to this movie. I love Helen Mirren. And explosions and action are good ingredients for an entertaining movie.

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    I hope she's OK, Roxie. And I hope you took some knitting with you!

    I want to see that film. Not the sort I normally pay money to see in a cinema, but the cast sounds excellent and I want to see Helen Mirren with a gun!!

     
  • At 6:11 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I really enjoyed RED, great humor and pacing.

    Hope Mom is doing well.

     
  • At 8:58 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Good wishes for mom... and now I want to see RED more than ever!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home