Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, June 28, 2010

What the problem is

When I post on Blogger, it gets stored in my Google account. Google gives me a gigabyte of storage space for free. Photos take up lots more space than words do, and I think there are different ways to store the photos that use more or less space. Be that as it may, in my 1139(or so) posts, what with all the photos of the trips and the parties and the flowers and quilts and knitting and all, I have used up my free gig. For $5 a year, Google will sell me 20gigabytes of storage. The storage is what makes it possible to go back to previous posts. When did I knit this sweater, sew that quilt, write that poem? What was I doing this week three years ago? Where was I on the night of Friday, February the 29, 2008? I can look it up.

So, today, I figured five bucks a year was worth it, and ponied up. It will take a day or so for the credit card to clear, and then I'll be sharing photos again.

DH and I went to the Eastmoreland garage sale and were sadly disappointed. Leess than half as many houses were participating, and most of the things displayed were baby clothes, toys, and size 4 cocktail dresses. On the plus side, we didn't spend any money.

The weather has turned glorious. It is such a delight to have sunshine with clear air and fresh green leaves. It got clear up to 81 sunday. Woohoo!! Time to get out my sling chair and start blogging from the yard.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I forgot all about the sale, but I wouldn't have had time for it, anyway. Just as well I didn't go.

    My thermometer says it got up to 87° here, though I guess it was only 82° in Portland.

     
  • At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Woohoo!!! Pictures!!!

    Size 4? I think my left thigh might be a size 4.

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We are due for a drop in the temps. It was 96 today, a new record for June. Those are records I don't want to break.

    5 dollars doesn't seem so bad. Almost a bargain.

     
  • At 6:06 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    It was a hot and steamy day here in Boston. Last time I checked, it was 91.
    As for your photo storage issues, I can relate. I find that I "need" my blogs because they're my documentation of what I've done. I know I don't have to remember anything because it's been written down. (And thoroughly photographed, too.)

     
  • At 6:04 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It was hot here in Boise, then about 2100 it started storming. Which did very little to cut the heat.

     
  • At 11:50 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    It's still hot and steamy in the Boston area, but the humidity is supposed to break tonight.

    I have a paid Flickr account, which gives me (theoretically) unlimited photo storage. I have been putting all of my pix there lest my hard disk crash. I can post photos that way too, but I usually just upload them to Blogger as I'm nowhere close to the limit.

     
  • At 8:04 PM , Anonymous Pat Lichen said...

    You should come to the McLoughlin Neighborhood (Oregon City) rummage sale--it's always the 2nd weekend in Aug, and scores of houses and a few churches participate. You get a map of the streets with marked places and brief descriptions so you'll know where to stop.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home