Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, June 26, 2010

now what?

It turns out that Picassa Web has been storing my photos as I post them to blogger and I have evidently used up my storage space so I can no longer post photos. But - I never intended to save them all. Can't I go in and edit? Can't I just post photos and let them vanish into the ether? does this mean I will some day run out of text storage space as well? I just never stopped to think that all these saved posts need to be saved Somewhere. So I'm considering buying the 7 Gig program, but that, too is finite. Then what? If only I could edit, this would be a lot easier. Pictures of flowers? Out. Pictures of completed projects? Keep. Sunrises from the front porch? keep one or two - out with the rest. That ought to thin things down by a few megs.

Nope, sorry. This is the start of the apocalypse. The free ride is over and the shit is hitting the fan. Oil will kill all life in the oceans, then the earth's crust will sink into the empty space, causing cataclysmic earthquakes and flooding the entire Mississippi basin with tarballs. And then things will start to get ugly.

That's the problem with an active imagination. You never know for sure where it's going to run off to.

I have pictures of the t-shirt that Benita custom dyed for me. I bought it as a reward for myself when I broke the 180 lb barrier. Benita tie-died it pink. It says on the chest, "I spin, I weave, I dye" in latin. DH tells me to thank Benita for including the translation in subtext.

I have pictures of the charming fat quarters she tucked into the package because she knows they will go to good use in comforters for the orphans. And they will - except for the pink water-color one that will become a table napkin. But the kids playing on the swing set, and the doll colthes print, and the french poodles on purple ground, oh, and the shoes on yellow, and the green vines on yellow - all vivid and fun for kids comforters. Yes, they will go to excellent use!

And finally, i got a photo of the yarn I just finished for her. she wants a picture of the skein. I'll have to get the skein winder going, but I did take a nice photo of the ball of yarn . . .

So, until I can get this photo thing straightened out, look for some longer posts from me. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Oh, I went to the bookstore at the mall to get a guide to Washington DC so DH and i can start planning next year's trip. And as I passed the makeup store, I realized I could use a new eyebrow pencil, and after that, things are kind of a blur, but I came out with stuff I don't remember buying and evidently I went on to Christopher and banks because I have a darling t-shirt that originally cost 17.90 and the sales receipt says $5.99.

Note to self: do not buy makeup until you have worn it a few hours. It turned yellow on me. I sure hope they take it back without a fight, because I ain't paying to look severely jaundiced.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Awww! No pictures? I wanna see you in the shirt!!!

    I guess I'll just have to be patient - which is not an easy thing to do, you know.

     
  • At 4:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    post them to flickr instead, if you have an account and that way they're stored there and only 'borrowed' for here!

     
  • At 10:41 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Well, crud about the pictures. I really want to see your new shirt, the fat quarters and even your "jaundiced" face. I need to back up, or somehow otherwise save my blog posts. They go back for five years and it's my record of our family. The thought of it disappearing makes me nauseated. If you figure something out for your picture dilemma will you share the solution? Cheers! Did you go to the big garage sale?

     
  • At 7:13 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I download the photos from the camera to a folder on my computer called "photos" and then save them every once in a while to a flash drive so that if something happens to the computer, I won't lose the photos. I think of flash drives as photo albums of a kind. You can use the photos directly from the folder into the post on blogger.

     
  • At 8:00 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    How does one back up posts?? I think I need to do that.

    I hope you get this all figured out and then educate the rest of us.

     
  • At 7:07 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I always save my photos in a photos folder on my computer and back up on flashdres as well. I post to my blog directly from my folder. Do it that way.

     
  • At 5:47 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow... pictures all gone? There's GOT to be something you can do!!!

     
  • At 5:56 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Congrats on 180!! (I had orginally put 1800, oops!)

    One

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home