Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

bounty from Benita

Photos up again. Yayyy! Here are the fat quarters Benita sent to me to make comforters for the orphans. Bright and happy and busy and inspirational. I'll get the machine out after July knitting. Dh stopped at an estate sale on his way home from work and found two fleece blankets so I have comforter stuffings again.






And here's the lovely t-shirt Benita tie-dyed for me. "I spin, I weave, I dye." Evidently the romans didn't knit. We loves our t-shirt we does!










And then, my favorite photo model. Doesn't the yarn look lovely against the black velvet coat?


6 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hee hee! I can't believe your cat doesn't go crazy and make cobwebs out of the yarn. Mine would in a heartbeat.

     
  • At 9:42 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    What sweet fat quarters, the fabrics are adorable! The shirt rocks... I want to get one once my budget restrictions lift. The yarn looks squishy and wonderful, especially against the midnight silkiness of the model. It's almost kitty-fiber pron.

     
  • At 11:08 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    We likes the t shirt too we does!

     
  • At 11:45 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I think that's actually "I spun, I wove, I dyed," but I have to check with a Latin scholar, if I can find one.

    I have a shirt that says "Veni, vidi, acubus texui," meaning literally "I came, I saw, I made cloth using needles," "acubus texui" being the Latin scholar's best approximation to "I knitted."

     
  • At 5:33 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nice haul.

     
  • At 11:03 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Purty purty... Benita is a GOOOOOOODDDD friend!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home