Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Look what arrived!

Amy Lane, the wonderfully generous woman that she is, sent me a copy of her latest book RAMPANT (woohoo! My favorite of the series so far!) and stuffed in a few little things to feed my addictions.

She purged her fabric stash. Look! Kitties!

Look! Fishies!

Look! Half a Holstein and complementary fabric!

And as if that wasn't enough to make me giddy with sewing frenzy, she sent me a half-finished quilt top.

Look at those beautiful little seams! I have yet to sew a straight seam. Mine wander over about a quarter of an inch as they go along. One of many reasons my quilt tops are so cheerfully slapdsah!


all I have to do is sew the pieces together, add a back and a batt, and it's a quilt! Now I have at least three weeks to be itchy to get it done. Having something to look forward to is the key to a long life.

And now I would like to make an introduction. I am pleased to present the Bah Boys - Bucky and Bobby Merino. (Bobby on the left, Bucky on the right. Bobby is skinny and high strung. Bucky is solid and steady)

They grew up on an organic herb farm and potter's commune outside of Estacada, Oregon. Like many healthy young country boys before him, when Bobby celebrated his first shave he said , "Today I am a ram. I'm gonna be makin' my own decisions and payin' my own way from here on. I want to get out and see the world a mite before I settle down."

His parents scoffed, but Bobby was serious. He got on the internet and started looking up sheep in other countries, and lo and behold, he saw a photo of the lovely LuLu of Canberra. Australia. Bobby was smitten. He decided that somehow he was going to go to Australia and meet miss Lulu. He began making plans and considering options. When it was clear that he was going to follow through on this, everyone on the commune suggestedd that maybe Bucky should go with him to keep him out of trouble.

So, yesterday, two pastel sheep arrived on my doorstep (the natural food store near our house was getting a delivery of organic herbs, and the driver agreed to give the boys a ride, and really, they didn't eat more than just a bite or two of the basil, and then they hoofed it up the hill to our house.) Because they had seen on my blog that not only was I going to Australia, I was going to Canberra, and wonder of wonder, I was going to visit the very house where the lovely Lulu lives. And they asked, very nicely (that Bobby is quite the smooth talker) if they could come with us. I checked with DH and he said that if I wanted to smuggle a couple of sheep into Australia . . . Oh, go ahead.

(The unusual color of their wool may have had something to do with the special herbs their mother browsed while she was carrying them. They aren't really as Piglet pink as they look in this photo.)

12 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I just started working on a quilt top yesterday! Now I just have to finish it before this unusual quilting mojo runs out, or you'll have another one :)

     
  • At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    You sure do know your way around a story. And I love the kitties.

     
  • At 9:16 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Those little guys are so cute. I'm sure they'll make some entertainment on the long journey.
    And, um, they're probably a little pink in the last photo because (1) they're nekkid, and (2) because someone's hands are...ahem...

     
  • At 10:12 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    How absolutely adorable! And I hope that they are better travelers than Delores who lives with Franklin Habit. That is one hard ewe!

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I LOVE the kitty fabric!!
    Your story is cute...you are always creative in a variety of ways!!!

     
  • At 3:01 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OMG! What lovely little guys-- you will DEFINITELY have fun taking Bucky and Bobby to visit LuLu-- and have them tell LuLu hi for me!

    (So glad you like the fabric--and the squares. I can't wait to see what you do with them!)

     
  • At 4:07 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Ooo! The kitty fabric! Sweet!

     
  • At 6:47 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Soooooooooo adorable -- they remind me of Lamb Chop: awwwwwww.

     
  • At 3:37 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Bucky is going to be a handful, I'd keep an eye on him. Be happy Auntie Dolores isn't coming alone to supervisor.

     
  • At 5:06 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Lulu must be in a frenzy (not that she is high strung or anything). What great travelling companions you have there.

     
  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Oh my, I foresee outrageous hijinks in a week!! Miss Lulu is very excited indeed!! :D

    Safe travels!

     
  • At 9:06 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Fabulous fabric. Adorable Baas.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home