Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, February 13, 2010

while my love lies sleeping . . .

I try to keep the noise level to a minimum. I'm going to have to rearrange the living room for extra seating and he'll be on sheet street till 7:30 at least. What to do in the meantime? Well, I'll show you a picture of the table decoration with daphne flowers from the bush he gave me for my birthday 15 years ago, and carnations he bought for me last weekend, arranged nicely in a little hand-blown glass vase he picked up for me at an estate sale



And here's a picture of the chocolate cake with espresso mocha frosting he made for my party, from scratch last night, after working hard all day long. Of COURSE he gets to sleep as long as he likes!



On knitting days, he goes out to breakfast with some guys he knows, then he gets his hair cut and does other errands like that. And if there's an estate sale in the neighborhood, he'll check it out.

So, quiet things to do pre-party? Plate cookies and quichelettes, wash grapes, put out radish roses, . . . blog! Thanks for helping me quell those pre-party jitters. It's great fun, but I keep wondering if Ive forgotten something. - Ah, boil water and put in thermoses so when that first pot of tea is dry, I don't have to wait twenty minutes to make the next one. Ciaoo, bella!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:14 AM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    You are AMAZING, Roxie!

     
  • At 6:51 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    I think I've just put on 5 kilos just looking at all those yummies. Have a great day!

     
  • At 12:38 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh how I wish I were there to feast and knit with you! Enjoy your lovely day!

     
  • At 4:37 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It's all so beautiful. The cookies and the cake and the flowers. I imagine such a nice party going on.

     
  • At 7:48 PM , Blogger Rose said...

    He made the cake!!?? I cannot even get my hubby to cook me a hotdog! Sigh...you lucky lady!!
    Bet the goodies disappeared fast!!
    Hope a good time was had by all!

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Awwww.... that's so sweet that he made your cake--and that you're letting him sleep.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home