Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, February 20, 2010

cluster luck

On Mar 3, our friend I.E. turns 50. On Mar 4, I turn 60. On Mar 5th, Dr. J. turns 80. On Mar 8, DB turns 65. We used to get together with the usual suspects and have a Big Pisces Party. But Dr J is in Denver and I'll be somewhere over the international date line, and DB will probably be at the beach, so DH and I are headed over to IE's house tonight for a smaller Big Pisces Party. We are taking 2 lbs of See's chocolates, 18 goldy-orange roses, and a very dashing new golf shirt. Since it's his fiftieth, I also stuck in a handful of gold foil-wrapped chocolate coins, and wrapped the presents with gold paper and gold ribbon. My inner magpie is quite pleased with the sparkle.

What this dinner is going to do to my diet, I can't begin to guess. It took me all of last week to recover from the knitter's tea, and even at that I was up two tenths of a pound. Well, I'll just have to walk more to make up for it. That's it! I'll just get more exercise! (Are you buying this? I mean, if you believe that I'm actually going to - shudder - exercise, then you might be interested in buying the ocean-front property I own in Idaho.)

We went to the mall to get the chocolates. It's a gorgeous sunny day! So why is every teeny bopper in two counties hanging out indoors at the mall? Why are they not walking hand in hand in the sunshine and stealing forbidden kisses 'neath the blossoming cherry trees? Why are they surging in packs between the Gap and American Eagle Outfitters with segues into Abercrombie and Fitch, or posing in attitudes of profound ennui over their lattes at the food court? I never have "gotten" the whole concept of "cool." Of course, no boys ever asked me out while I was in highschool, either, but that may have had something to do with being 6 ft tall, or perhaps the fact that I went to an all-girl school had something to do with it.

I was never asked out by any guy I shared a class with in college. I'm SO glad DH likes his women intelligent and bold. I can't fake stupid and shy.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Ah yes, the birthdays are creeping up again this year. MamaMia asked me what I want to do for my big 6 Oh.

     
  • At 4:40 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    hmmm, interesting. I was never asked out in high school either ... guess that's 'cause I went to an all girls catholic school! :p

    As for your comments on weight loss and exercise, no worries from this side of the world. If you had have written about a great weight loss, I would have know where it had gone - now I have no excuse. We can both blossom together at all the lunches and snacks we'll share together and worry about WW sometime in April.

    See ya soon :D

     
  • At 5:45 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Or as ToolMan is wont to say: Beauty is skin deep but stupid goes clear to the bone. I never could fake stupid and coy, either. But then again, I don't think I ever wanted to! Enjoy your trip and send lots of pics back@

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Blogger Rose said...

    You are definitely not stupid or shy!! I spent the day with Sharon Barley (she used to be secretary in Advising/Counseling and now works on Harmony campus) and her friend, Mary. We had fun and they seem to think that I am funny. Tomorrow I am planning a day communing with nature! and my camera will be at my side!!

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Happy birthday to Roxie! (Early that is...) And yeah-- I never could fake stupid-- but shy was the real me and bold was the gloss. Chicken hasn't gotten the gloss yet-- she enjoys being prickly and smart. I've told her it works for her.

    And there's ocean front property in Idaho?

     
  • At 11:36 PM , Anonymous Barb said...

    Oh Honey Bunny
    You don't understand cool, because you ARE cool.

    Here's to the smart Tiwanda's of the world.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home