Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, February 19, 2010

For well over a month, now, I haave owed Em a hat. I got all ambitious with the pink thing that would not shrink, and failed. So I started again. With some warm Merino handspun. Finally, after the blizzards are done, I have a hat to send her. From the time this hat arrives, it will no doubt be balmy until November. Timing is SO important!

I decided that yesterday was the day to get the taxes pulled together. I now have a sparkling clean kitchen and re-conditioned litterboxes. I will do anything rather than face the taxes. Numbers hate me, and all the important tax words are somehow in a foriegn language. "Realized general debt." I understand the individual words, and even sort of guess what they're talking about, but where are the numbers they want to go with this? I don't think we have a realized general debt. Our accountant is the most PATIENT man! I should hand-deliver our grocery bag full of receipts and take him a big plate of cookies at the same time.

(I worked as a receptionist for H&R Block for a After the first of April, desperate people began showing up with madness in their eyes, and a paper grocery sack full of receipts.The accountants, if given the least warning, would run screaming from the room and lock themselves in a bathroom stall rather than deal with those clients. Those sessions always ended in extensions and tears.

So I gave myself a treat when I finally whipped the forms into as much shape as I could manage. It was 60 degrees and sunny. I went for a walk. Here's some color for those of you still snow-bound.







6 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Mmm, color! Spring won't look like that here for a couple of months yet!

     
  • At 11:31 AM , Blogger Em said...

    At last, some color! We are still surrounded by snow, and I am beginning to think it will never go away. I'm so jealous your forsythia is blooming already. At this rate, ours won't have flowers until June!

    I love the hat, and am very much looking forward to wearing it. There are dark mutterings of another storm, and even if we don't get more snow, it will definitely be cold until at least April. Pennsylvania's weather only as two settings: miserable and glorious. Unfortunately, the dial is stuck on miserable for 99% of the year.

    Also, I'm with you on the taxes. Min usually get filed online right around 11:30 pm on 4/14.

     
  • At 1:03 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Cute hat! Love the colors. I was thinking that the one that wouldn't shrink might make a good purse with a little tweaking...
    Ahh, taxes...guess I should also get to that. I am hoping to receive money back!!! That would be very nice!!

     
  • At 6:51 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I have vague thoughts about the taxes every few days. One day, I'll just sit down and do them and then wonder why I put it off for so long.

    Thank you for the forsythia and the daffodils! Underneath the snow, I'm sure my crocuses are just patiently waiting to come up.

     
  • At 9:01 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Forsythia! I'd forgotten about forsythia! Love that plant.

    Taxes! Shiver...

    Remembering the Ides of February, I have to ask, Did you prune your roses?

     
  • At 9:37 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    We've had haze and fog, so the color works for those of us NOT snowbound as well! And the hat is still beautiful... Em loves it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home