Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Welcome to the party


"Sit anywhere you like," says your cheerful hostess.


The table is replete with goodies.


And tables are positioned conveniently in the living room as well.







Pat and her beautiful daughter Hallie brought cashew shortbread. YUM!!

Tamara brought her world-class biscotti with dried cherries and cranberries in them. What a treat!

Next time, I make pain in the butter cookies, I'll just make simple little solid shapes and not bother with those fussy but pretty window pane cutouts. And I won't put on the jaam until the day I serve them because the jam soaked into the tender cookies and made them way too fragile. The macarons were a great success, and the chocolate cake - well, people were shy about devouring entire slices in public, but many folks were willing to take some home. Luckily, there are a few teenage boys who can be counted on to help clean up the leftovers. Another happy party!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    A lovely party, beautiful and tasty!

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Awesome, Roxie-- thank you for sharing your parties--they're a little window to graciousness in the mess that is my life.

     
  • At 6:56 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Wish I could have made it. Maybe next year.

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Next year in Roxie's house :)

     
  • At 10:43 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I would not have been shy at all about devouring the chocolate cake...Mmmmmmm...choc-o-late!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home