Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

initiate pre-trip frenzy - - - now!

Two weeks from today, fourteen days from this very minute, We will be enroute to HongKong on our way to Sydney. OMG I haven't begun to pack! Eeep, jibber, fremeltz!I'll need clean underwear, traveling knitting, medicines, back-up knitting, glasses, back up glasses, alternate back-up knitting, clean shirts, and pants and probably a skirt and socks, a book. another book, brush, toothbrush, shampoo, real poo, PRESENTS!! WheredidIputhepresents? I need to make a list of places to look. Gleef!

And I can't even get fully into frenzy mode because I have to be at work. One of the girls fell yesterday and broke her toe, and the doctor wants her to put her foot up today. Well, the extra $$ will come in handy for me, and there's a limit, really, to how far in advance I can pack. I start finding "Handy" things to stick in. It would be "Handy" to have extra knitting needles - just in case. It would be "Handy" to have a little notebook to jot down insights while I'm out. It would be "handy" to have some scarves and belts and sashes and a sarong and a warm sweater and . . . I need to remember that if I NEED something, they have stores in Australia.

11 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Heh, I was about to remind you we have shops here too, but then I read your last sentence!!!

     
  • At 3:34 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    I LOVE Australia! We went in 2000 and there are some differences that catch one off guard. For example... it's common to have to open all bags and purses to show the cashier when leaving a store, even a grocery store. The first time this happened to me I thought I was being accused of shoplifting. Also, the bigger the coin is doesn't mean that it's worth more. They no longer have pennies (smart move). Lemonaid is actually a carbonated drink, but if you want our version of lemonaid you ask for lemon juice. Driving on the opposite side of the street never seems correct... this fact is exacerbated if you get car sick. The stereotypes of Australians being fun-loving and warm are not over-exaggerated. At all. You will have an amazing trip.

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Ok, one word: BREATHE!
    Now, relax.
    Breathe.
    Relax.
    Feel better?
    Now, jump and scream! Woohoo!

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    When I'm going on a trip I make a list in advance so when the time comes to pack I can be sure I won't forget anything. Then as I pack, I cross each item off the list.

     
  • At 4:34 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I used to make lists and always seemed to forget something anyways!!!!

     
  • At 5:06 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Start your must pack list now, while you're thinking about it.

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I'm catching the excitement vibes all the way over here.

    Me, don't forget to pack Me!

     
  • At 12:35 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh, but baby-- the pre-trip frenzy is part of the joy of the trip! (I think you can forget the real poo... I'm sure they have that there.)

     
  • At 6:12 PM , Anonymous Pat said...

    "Eeep, jibber, fremeltz"? I'm planning to quote you on that!

     
  • At 7:37 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Can't believe it is getting so close. So exciting!

     
  • At 11:47 PM , Anonymous Barab said...

    I think you should pack everything you think you might need, then have your beloved sort through it and dump about half of it out.

    It will make interesting conversation the entire trip. EX: Q:Where's my underwear? A:Took em out. You won't be needing them. Q:Where's my nightgown? A:Took em out. You won't be needing them.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home