Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, December 21, 2009

post 992

Here are some green and balmy photos for my friends in New England. And I bet the folks in Australia would appreciate the snow photos you have in abundance. Christmas is a good time to share.



Here in Portland, we have forty degrees and rain. I'm very grateful for forty degrees and rain. Easy to drive in, survivable if you to stay outside for a while.

DH has decided that I need new rain boots. My hot pink wellies are still waterproof and cheery, but he wants to get me something new. A few doors down from the resturaunt we enjoyed Saturday night was a charming little boutique with an adorable coat that was, unfortunately a bit too small for MJ. And while RW was talking her into trying it on, DH spotted a pair of boots for me. Oh, if they had fit I might have succumbed. I DON'T need new rain boots, but these were slate gray rubber cowboy boots with orange koi (goldfish) painted across the foot and up the ankle. They were so quirky, and artistic, and elegant, and dramatic, and completely me that if they had only fit, I might have needed them. Koi are sort of my totem animal.

What I actually need is a new pair of flat-heeled black dress boots. My exsisting black boots cost $25 three years ago and have endured hard service. Small wonder that they now leak, and the tread is worn off the soles. I think there may be a holiday shoe sale under the Christmas tree.

My inner Xena craves a pair of thigh-high bright red suede boots with 3 inch steel heels. My inner Xena will be disapointed. But it does give me something to wish for when I break a wishbone or see the first star or blow out birthday candles. Someday my inner super-hero will be revealed!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Rain boots, the cuter the better. Makes you willing to go outside in the rain.

    Your inner Xena escapes quite often, doesn't she? To the delight of all around you. Hmmmn, now I'm wondering what my inner me would be...

     
  • At 11:55 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It's cloudy and 45 here, thanks for the lovely weather.

     
  • At 6:20 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I keep posting photos of the white stuff so all you people who are not waiting with heart in throat for the car to stop when you've put the brakes on and the car keeps sliding can live vicariously through me.

    Three times in two days I have slid out of control. Not a good feeling. I'm totally over the snow.

     
  • At 6:47 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Your inner Xena is way to fun :-)

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You WOULD be a fabulous Xena--in thigh-high leather stilletto boots!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home