Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, December 11, 2009

And it isn't even Christmas!

The postal person left a box on the porch yesterday. I was totally surprised! I hadn't ordered anything.

It was a box from Donna Lee. And I debated. Is this a Christmas gift? Nowhere on the box does it say "Merry Christmas" or, more importantly, "Do not open before Christmas!" What could it be, what could it be? Well, maybe if I just take off the brown wrapping paper, . . . Hmmm, no Christmas paper. Maybe the things inside are seperately wrapped? (RIP, TEAR!) Squeeeee!! For no reason whatsoever, and especially not for Christmas, Donna Lee sent me pressies!


Gorgeous soft, silky yarn with sparklies which my camera refuses to record. Lots of sparkle in the rose colored yarn, and subtle, understated sparkles along with the classy glints of color in the dark yarn. And it looks laceweight to me. I am SO impressed and delighted!

But wait! There's more!


Would you believe about a pound of black alpaca fiber? From an alpaca named Florence who lives in New Jersey. I want to spread it on my bed and wallow naked in it!

Donna Lee also stuck in a white chocolate lollypop in the shape of a sheep, and a little brown llama ornament, intended for the tree, but which will actually join my manger menagerie.

And the camera did no justice whatsoever to the glitzy, glittery, glass and crystal stitch markers. Ooooo, shiney!

We're not done yet!

Donna Lee's wonderhusband, PK, who is a wood-worker par excellence, made me a set of cozy blockers!



The sizes are embossed on them. Small, Medium and Liar.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Donna and PK!!

11 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What a nice thoughtful gift.

    Love the blockers... liar!!

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    OH
    MY
    GAWD!
    You got c0ckbl0ckers! I! WANT! I! WANT!!!
    MUST HAVE!
    Oh, and the original post...ummmm...c0ckbl0ckers...um...oh, right, pressies...c0ck bl0ckers...um...oh, yeah, fleece from Florence in Jersey. A Jersey girl? Oh, and c0ck bl0ckers. NOW I get it.
    OMG OMG OMG OMG You got those...

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Are those made from walnut, by any chance? Bwahahahahaaaaaaa, walnut. Get it? :)

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    PK is so talented LOL! Had a good giggle for the night :-)

     
  • At 10:11 PM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    I can't write because I'm laughing too hard. It took just a nanosecond to realize what those little doodads are. Ha, Ha, Ha.
    MaryLou

     
  • At 10:27 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Okay Roxie!! Get off that alpaca fiber and get dressed!!!

     
  • At 7:22 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    He had such fun making those and was so proud of them. I'm glad you liked them.

     
  • At 7:30 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Buahahahahaha! I was going to wax lyrical about all of the glorious swag--and the poetic justice of an Alpaca named Florence from New Jersey...

    But it was all eclipsed by the cock-sock-blockers! Thanks to you and Donna Lee for giving me my best laugh all week!

     
  • At 7:35 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    I knew about your blockers for forever! They made me laugh so hard when my dad showed them to me, I'm glad you get a kick out of them.

    And isn't that alpaca just wonderful?

     
  • At 9:04 AM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    And you wonder why you receive sexually explicit spam... soomething Hawaian about that thought, isn't there?
    "cepack" it is.

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Love the embossing!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home